Who has alone lost all thier weight following mfp

Options
I want to hear from those who lost all thier weight following mfp calories and macronutrients. Have you lost muscle or even gain muscle .Have you lost bodyfat. I want to hear your success or even struggles on your journey.

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I haven't done solely MFP, but it's my primary food journal. I convert that info to Weight Watcher points. That has always been my big issue with WW - yeah, I can have 38 points in a day, but what does that really mean?? I started with MFP in May 2011, joined WW online in August.

Seeing the info on MFP has been a huge help.

For what it's worth....
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've lost the majority of my weight (99 of 139 lbs) following MFP. I would have started with MFP if I had discovered it sooner! I mostly pay attention to calories and sodium, but I use it to keep an eye on fat and carbs as well.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm not finished by any means but so far it's all been on MFP. Started mid July and so far going pretty smoothly.

Body fat estimates (using weight and measurements etc.) have gone from around 53% to 38-39% currently.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I lost my 1st 17lbs when my husband left me but then the rest was MFP. In the last year i've included exercise at the YMCA. I started at 224lbs. Hit my goal of 165 lbs (prepregnancy for my 18yr old) in August and now trying to get down to 150. All w/ MFP. My cholesterol and other blood numbers are down. My BMI is healthy, my body fat is down per MD and all with MFP
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I use it as a tool to track food and for motivation and encouragement. Its hard tracking my exercise but easy to track my food.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have used MFP since day one of my journey but I don't follow their recommended guidelines for calories and macros.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    <~~~ This girl. I have lost 60 lbs in about a year, and have been maintaining. Mfp works. I've lost body weight, gotten stronger, gone from an 18 to a 6. I'm working now to gain muscle.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Everything I have done has been with MFP. I'm hoping to reach my goal in early february. So I will repost when I have some excellent progress pictures
  • melmckay99
    Options
    MFP has made a HUGE difference in my progress. Love this app!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90lbs and gone from 32.7% body fat to 15.8% since January only using MFP
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I have only used this site for logging my food. Obviously for most of us we have to do exercise or nutrition programs outside of the site (there are some crazy people on here with some pretty stupid/harmful advice so I would never recommend anyone to use this as their only source for healthy eating/exercise habits) and I have lost 102lbs, 11% of body fat (from 47.7 to 36.6), and a little over 70 inches. I set my own calories and macros based on the education I have recieved in an actual classroom about diet/nutrition (aspiring dietitian here) and exercise with heavy lifting and plenty of cardio.

I believe and studies show that one of the building blocks of sticking to a healthy lifestyle change is 1) having the support of friends/family and 2) logging every bite. This site gives us both! :)

Edit- Added before body fat %
  • vickieross
    vickieross Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use it as a tool to track food and for motivation and encouragement. Its hard tracking my exercise but easy to track my food.

Ditto
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    here is my blog,,I have lost most of my weight from using this site
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/offthedeependay
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I only use MFP. I also workout and try to eat healthy. I have only been on here two months and yes it has helped greatly.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight (from 205 to 172), I didn't use MFP. However, I didnt eat healthy and ended up "skinny fat".

This time, I again lost weight (from 205 to 171) but I used MFP and made healthier nutrition choices and understand portion sizes (and their respective calorie amounts). Please keep in mind, this site doesnt cause you to gain/lose weight.

If calories consumed < calories burned, you lose weight (over the long run).
    If calories consumed > calories burned, you gain weight (over the long run).

What this site does is assists you in controlling portion sizes (if you measure your food intake), plan you meals/snacks in advance, includes a wonderful forum where one's questions are answered (correctly or incorrectly), and allows one to make friends with like minded individuals who have the same goals as you do (lose weight, add muscle, gain weight, etc).
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have lost all my weight so far (not done yet) following mfp's guidelines. I have certainly hit plateau's and have tried raising and lowering calorie goals to break them, but what works best is to stick with my goal of losing 1lb. a week. Which it has averaged out to just that. =) My body fat % has gone down and I have definitely gained muscle.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I want to hear from those who lost all thier weight following mfp calories and macronutrients. Have you lost muscle or even gain muscle .Have you lost bodyfat. I want to hear your success or even struggles on your journey.

I am still not quite halfway, but I have lost all my weight using MFP. However, I changed my calorie goal. MFP seemed to think that at 1200 calories, I would lose two pounds a week. But I have been averaging 2.4 pounds per week on 1800 and recently changed to 1900. My macros are 50/20/30, recently changed from 50/25/25.

If not for MFP, I would still be over 260 pounds. This is the best tool ever!

Good luck to you!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Me! I used MFP from the day I started and still use it although I'm now past my goal and working on a little bit more. At this point, I could probably do it without MFP but I like it here. It's a little bit like a security blanket for me.
    I have gained muscle but that's all from *my* doing, I like to lift. MFP has helped me dropped the fat, the gym has helped me shape my body.
  • mhaight85
    Options
    So far all my other "diets" have failed but I've lost almost 10 lbs with mfp. I think I've been using mfp for about 2 months. Also, today for the first time in months I am wearing my size 6 pants, where as my size 8's were starting to get tight before I decided I needed to make a change. To me it has really helped me know what and how much I should be eating.

The accountability helps me, and the tracking.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 lbs before MFP then found MFP and lost 48 so far. I think of MFP as hiring an accountant who is handling my books cause I made a mess of them. So if you are honest and on top of your finances you will see results.