Lady's question

Lady's question: how do you handle PMS? When mine comes it really bad cramps and flow and all. How do you deal with exercise? I have a hard time getting myself to exercise because of the hard cramp. I know exercise is supost to help with cramps but when. how do you dealwith the cravings?

Replies

• Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    I actually lay off of the exercise until it's lightened up, but keep to my calorie intake. I have a heavy flow, so even on a sedentary day I have to run to the bathroom every hour or two during the heaviest part.

I usually preplan/prelog what I'm eating, and won't eat something until I log it first. While this might be a little OCD, it helps me not to give into cravings. When I see that I've gone over my goal intake, I usually back off. I also make a note to keep craving inducing foods (namely chocolate) away from me during that time.

Also, don't be discouraged by the scale when you're on your period. My weight fluctuates like crazy for about a week, and then zaps down to lower than my original weight and stays there. I'm fortunate enough not to suffer from bad cramps, though, I usually just get a little depressed, achy knees, and a heavy flow.
  • sunnya7
    sunnya7 Posts: 15 Member
    thanks for the post