Can't take it anymore

Ok, I am going to vent and be selfish, but I can't hold it in anymore! I would talk to my friends and family, but they are all so nice that they won't hear the words I am saying; they'll just say, "Oh, you look fine." AHHH!

Ok, what is spawning this is the fact that I have been on this diet for 2 and a half months and have only lost 2 pounds. I am so frustrated. Sure, I have had some bad days, but over all, I have stuck with the calorie intake pretty well. I have also exercised way more than I have before. What is wrong?! I really should be very close to my goal by now if the predictions were correct at the beginning. I am just really frustrated with my progress. Summer time is coming up, and I would really like to fit into my goal swimsuit, but that may not happen at this rate. *sign* Is my body just weird? Is there anything I am missing? As I said before, I am eating pretty well, tons of vegetables, and exercising. Just to add to my lovely mood, I have had SUCH craving to just snack all day. I've been watching this, too, but it is discouraging.

Well, thanks for letting me vent and be selfish! Good luck to all of you out there.

Replies

• Ok, I am going to vent and be selfish, but I can't hold it in anymore! I would talk to my friends and family, but they are all so nice that they won't hear the words I am saying; they'll just say, "Oh, you look fine." AHHH!

Ok, what is spawning this is the fact that I have been on this diet for 2 and a half months and have only lost 2 pounds. I am so frustrated. Sure, I have had some bad days, but over all, I have stuck with the calorie intake pretty well. I have also exercised way more than I have before. What is wrong?! I really should be very close to my goal by now if the predictions were correct at the beginning. I am just really frustrated with my progress. Summer time is coming up, and I would really like to fit into my goal swimsuit, but that may not happen at this rate. *sign* Is my body just weird? Is there anything I am missing? As I said before, I am eating pretty well, tons of vegetables, and exercising. Just to add to my lovely mood, I have had SUCH craving to just snack all day. I've been watching this, too, but it is discouraging.

Well, thanks for letting me vent and be selfish! Good luck to all of you out there.
  • I am sorry you are having a hard time.. I hear your frustration! I am at a stand still. and it is driving me nuts! I only have 12 more pounds but cant seem to lose even a half pound. and yeah everyone says you look good.. that is NOT the point!!!
    Wish I had some answers.. if you come up with any let me know!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    I don't have the answers for you, but I can sure sympathize. I have also been at this for two and a half months and I haven't lost anything. I know HOw frustrating it is, but all I know is that we are doing all the right things and are making healthier choices for ourselves. I spoke with a friend today who said their daughter did the same thing as us , and it took her 4 months before she even lost a pound. She has now ben continually loosing and has lost 40 pounds now. So hang in there....:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I know alittle over two years ago I had gotten into working out....just working out not eating correctly but I was working out really hard everyone around me was dropping weight..... I didn't drop anything for awhile and then 6 months of doing it it all just dropped like over night. don't get discouraged, Just keep doing what your doing and realize that it will pay off it just takes some peoples bodies alittle longer to adjust I think :flowerforyou:
  • Ahhhh, thanks guys. It really helps to hear people who know what I am talking about. You have really helped.
  • Here is my take on the time it takes to loose weight...

I'm the type who's tried and tried diets, working out and all of it!!!
    When I didn't see imediat results, I lost intrest and stopped working out and gained that much more....
    The other night, I sat and pondered a little, If it took me 36 years to get the size I am
    how can I begin to think that 36years of abuse will disapear overnight......

I gues I'm tryin to tell you to hang in there and be strong,

the saying goes,... all good things come to those who wait!
    be patient, keep working and eating, things will change for you!

You can and will beat this!
    hope I helped a little!

Truly,
    Tinnytibbs!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    So, I know you have short term goals, and that's great, but remember, this is for your health, and that should be the long term goal of changing your life to be healthy, Does that include loosing weight? Probably, but it doesn't mean that should be your only focus.

This is the main thing that I noticed: you are only looking to lose a total of 10 lbs. If that is truely the case, then, as far as your body is concerned, your already at or very close to your goal weight, because the human body does not think in terms of lbs, you may be there already. The fact that you lost 20% of your goal weight alone should make you happy.

I really want you to think about this next part, seriously. The closer our bodies get to it's "ideal" weight, the harder it becomes to lose weight, and in fact, you may actually gain. Now, I'm gonna repeat this because it is EXTREMELY important to remember. The closer our bodies get to it's "ideal" weight, the harder it becomes to lose weight. If you weigh 130 lbs (just a random number) and you lose 2 lbs your body isn't thinking oh, look at that, I just lost 2 lbs, it's thinking WHOA! I just lost almost 2% of my total weight. If you are to lose 10 lbs that would be almost 8% that is a very large amount for someone already at or near goal.

This is why I push for measurments and overall feeling healthier. Because it's not about how much you weigh, Hell, I weigh more then people I know that are my height but they look completely overweight and won't take their shirt off in the summer, I now, have no problem doing that, becase, and this is a big one, muscle weighs more then fat and It looks MUCH better on a person. I would rather gain 10 lbs of muscle then loose 20 lbs of fat, because not only does muscle look good, it also will burn more calories and make it easier for me to lose that 20 lbs later.

sorry for the lenght of this but I feel it's important enough to warrent it.

I hope it helps you.

Best of luck!
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    I know how you feel. I have been on this for 2 months. A matter of fact I just gained 7 lbs. I am loosing inches. But no dang weight. Make matters worse I am in the military and I am 5lbs over the weight amount. I have to loose 5lbs by April.
  • You guys continually make me feel better! Thank you, I really needed the encouragement and reality checks. Today is a new day, and I am determined to do well. Tiangelah, good luck! I really respect you for everything you do and want to say "thank you." Banks1850 and Tinnytibbs, I will definitely keep your words in mind along with everyone else's. Thanks guys. The weather here is absolutely wonderful. If it is the same where everyone else is, I hope you can enjoy it. If the weather isn't nice, I hope some nice stuff comes. Yay Spring Fever! haha.