Long way to go

Options
Hi. I'm Andy, 43 from Ashford in Kent. And I have a HUGE way to go with my weight lose. I need to lost at least 127lbs (you read that right!!!) before I reach even the top level of a healthy weight. For those into old money, that's about 8-9 stone.

I'd really appreciate some support with this mammoth task and I never seem to go anywhere with my weight loss. I have sleep problems as well which isn't helping.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from any many of you as possible. You will receive support from me as well.

Andy

Replies

• mmkennedy30
    Options
    Hey there. My name is Melissa. I have about 200 pounds to lose, yikes. I just started my journey, again, for the 900th time. This time is different. I am soooo done killing myself with food, as yummy as it may be. Good luck!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You have to start somewhere right? I always look at it as in 30 days I can be right where am I right now or worse, or I can be a little bit better. Then 30 days more....ect.....this time next year...etc...It's helpful to me. You know what they say..how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Just do the right thing today. It will add up before you know it.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I am also 43 also..Looking to knock off 70 pounds to be happy and readjust my goals and situation. Add me if ya like!
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey Andy!

First of all, I just wanted to say good luck with your journey. The task ahead might seem daunting, but I can tell you from experience, YOU CAN DO IT.

My words of advice- don't focus on how far you have to go. Take small steps, set small goals. First, go for ten pounds. Then twenty, and so on. Seeing how far you've come will motivate you to keep pushing through.

Sure, there will be days where you're so frustrated you feel like giving up, but in the end, it will all be worth it.

17892839.png
  • lessie401
    Options
    Hi Andy!
    I have 200 pounds to lose too. Well, 184 now. Good Luck to you and don't give up. I am using hypotherapy this time to slim down. I have tried WW multiple times, along with my own programs, and was strongly considering Gastric Bypass, when I found a hypnothrerapist. I am 5 weeks into my 6 week session with him, and so far it seems to be working! Send postive thoughs and prayers for strength my way, as I will for you!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    it does feel mammoth which can feel overwhelming, what about setting yourself small goals along the way.

I also had some sleep issues, but I can tell you, just losing 15 pounds helped.

I had 105 pounds to lose when I started, and now am looking at about 70 more. We can do this! Honestly, losing the weight so far hasn't been that difficult for me, yet I am already starting to fear the maintenance part, the foreverness of it all. but first we gotta get there!
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    got about 100 to lose. just started back 'on the wagon' so to speak, yesterday. i don't like being fat. it makes me snore. it makes it hard to get up off the floor playing with the grandbaby. and now another is on the way. i want to be an in-shape granny! and i would not even BEGIN to know how many times i've started a 'weight loss' program, only to lost 20-30 and then fall off. my body is the 'classic' yoyo body!
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've got 100 to lose too! Friend me if you want!
  • celb500
    Options
    Hi Andy

The first thing i will say to you is: YOU CAN DO THIS!

I had 27 llbs to lose, i know your number seems more daunting than this but I never thought i could do it, 4 months on and Ionly have 5lbs still to go. It is hard work but the first two months are the hardest! TRUST ME! I think i shed a tear or two when i first started but your body gets used to the new regieme and i will say stick with MFP because it truly works. Logging your food will make it easier to see what you are eating and manage it.

Add me if you need more friends for encouragement, mine help me through the bad bits a lot.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Hello! I do not have 100 pounds to lose anymore, but I still have a way to go. I have lost 112 so far, and I know at first it seems really overwhelming. But you just have to make little changes, and set small goals. Try not to think about the 100 pounds, just set a goal to lose the first 10, or 20. When you have that much to lose, it feels at first like maybe you will not get there. But the 2 or 3 pounds a week really do add up quicker than you think, and you can do it!!
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I have about 170 to lose so I know the feeling! Small steps every day will get us there! Feel free to friend me if you need more support!

-Cathy
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Any feel free to add me! I have only 38 more pounds to go to reach my goal, But it is an uphill battle everyday, and we all need support. I am down 79 pounds total, with another 38 to go so that will be a 117 pound loss. I think I have pretty good advice, I am always willing to share what has worked for me! ADD ME! :flowerforyou:
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy,

I grew up near Ashford, it's got great shopping! I've got at least 100 to lose so if you want to friend me and share the journey we can support each other.
  • anndelaney67
    anndelaney67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi andy im new on here i had 100 lb or so to lose i lost 56 with weightwatchers on line then saw this and its free so am hoping i can lose some more by tracking my calories ,when i stopped weight watchers the weight crept back on a little and i put it down to not tracking,it helps to track all you eat and drink,and just think about 1st half a stone and next and next its seems along way off but time flys as we know im 4 stone lighter since last yr and feel so gd in myself add me if you like and gd luck with your weight lose
  • terrymbradley
    Options
    Hi. I'm Andy, 43 from Ashford in Kent. And I have a HUGE way to go with my weight lose. I need to lost at least 127lbs (you read that right!!!) before I reach even the top level of a healthy weight. For those into old money, that's about 8-9 stone.

I'd really appreciate some support with this mammoth task and I never seem to go anywhere with my weight loss. I have sleep problems as well which isn't helping.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from any many of you as possible. You will receive support from me as well.

Andy

Been on here about 45 days or so a bit over 6 weeks and have managed to loose about 2 pounds per week. I have over 100 to loose yet and it seems so overwhelming. I take it one day at a time and log in every day and everything I eat. If I can do this trust me anyone can..... Anyone can add me that wants to. I am 60 years old with 11 grandkids. Crippling Arthritis and Diabetic and live in Michigan...........

Good luck buddy wish you the best
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    53 here with a long way to go.Sending you a friend request. It can be done one step at a time.
    Anyone else in for the long haul please feel free to add me.
  • andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your message. I had considered the use of a gastric band, but I keep hearing stories of how they sometimes slip and I'd rather not do that. However, I do have a friend who was 30stone and got one and he's really slim now.

Good luck with the hypnotherapist and sending positive thoughts to you
  • LizDHarris
    LizDHarris Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi And,
    good luck with your journey - I've be using MFP for nearly 20 months now and wouldn't be without it. I started off with achievable but milestone goals... Getting down into the next stone, then the next one and so on. Every goal attained motivated me to set the next one. I made it to a sensible and healthy weight in 9 months and now use MFP to help me maintain it. I never thought I could do it, but I have and have never felt better. I know you can and will do it.
  • andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm Andy and I'm looking for followers in the UK. I've been trying to lose weight for most of my adult life but this year I've decided to properly do something about it.

I started off the year with 78lbs to lose. So far I've lost 9 lbs with my ultimate goal to weigh in at 236lbs by December 15th. This is a date when I normally meet up with a few friends I used to work with at a Christmas party so most of these people are people who won't see me for the whole year so they should really notice a difference.

Are now looking for a support network just to keep me on track and all do the same in return.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Andy.