Calories from fiber supplement?

Options
So I am doing 3 teaspoons of a powdered fiber supplement daily. I am really trying to get around 30 grams of fiber per day and that's all fine and dandy. My question is - Iog these in and they total 60 calories per day. Should I really be counting them as calories? Or should I just note them on the bottom and not have them added into my daily calorie intake.

TIA!

Replies

• sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would log them as calories, while not all calories are created equal, they are still calories. Besides 60 calories a day equals 420 a week...to me 420 calories is a big deal!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    They are part of your daily diet. Yes, they would count - the fiber counts into your daily Fiber total. :flowerforyou:
  • chopperthecat
    Options
    IMO, yes, you should add all calories to your log, regardless of where they're coming from, supplemental or not.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That's what I've been doing. Just wondered because with plans like weight watchers the amount of fiber relates to how many points and following their system this supplement is negative points so it made me think about whether I should count it or not.

I don't want to eat too few calories because I am counting the fiber when I should be. Thanks for the input!
  • junipuni
    Options
    That being said - do you guys track your calories from vitamins and supplements? It is a little bit on it's own but it all adds up and I want to make sure I'm doing it the right way!
  • hijduk
    Options
    I didn't know vitamins had calories. I wonder if prescription medication have calories?
  • junipuni
    Options
    Hmm, maybe I'm crazy! I thought some of my vitamins/supplements that I take listed calories. I will have to check when I get home.