Young Ladies?

Options
Hello guys I'm Natasha and I'm 19 years old. Being a college student with a job can be a very difficult task. I have a motivational boyfriend who gets me in the gym everyday but my diet is totally making my hard work worthless. This month I got a sudden urge to lose meaning clean diet and a lot of cardio! I am currently 5'2 at 140 (the highest I've ever been) my first goal is 130. I feel with more friends to push me to eat healthy and log everyday I can make this happen and stop dreaming about the body I want. So with that being said if any one can relate feel free to reply and add me! :smile:

Replies

• reekuhdeekuh
    Options
    AHHH! Exactly how I feel :-( I don't have a problem working out everyday. It's the food that breaks me.
  • tasherrs
    Options
    I can't seem to shake off my bad eating habits! My first goal is to cut out fast food and cokes! I have told my boyfriend time and time again when we have kids we are gonna start our kids off eating healthy and not let them grow up on a bad diet so their not in my situation!
  • reekuhdeekuh
    Options
    Junk food and Monsters have me tied down. UGH!... I have the same conversations with my boyfriend as well haha I'm even taking a Children's nutrition class lol I decided to start This account today to try finding people with the same issues as me.
  • noneed94
    noneed94 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50 pounds last year without workout (I'm 18) and you can't lose weight for long term by 'cutting it all off'. Have one meal a week to eat whatever you want, it's gonna keep you sane and your metabolism running! Also, it's your choice to stop drinking soda but I've lost all that weight by drinking one liters of diet coke everyday. I know it's not healthy and I'm not telling you to do it at all, but I wouldn't cut it off completely if I were you.

Good luck!
  • kyrious87
    kyrious87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate... I worked while in college and I can remember that at a lot of events with food, it was always pizza or candy or anything else that was junk.

Having a supportive boyfriend is great though! Mine is a semi-pro football player and he definitely makes me want to work out and be better. But his eating habits are the ones that need improving! Haha. I'm on a gluten-free diet in support of my brother and sister-in-law going gluten and dairy free to keep me niece off medication for A.D.D..

In any case, I'm a little older than college age. I'm 25, but I've been in your shoes! =]

Add me if you'd like. I try to be an encouragement as best I can.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I work and go to college and I've cut out all fast food. I also only drink water, tea, or coffee. Although, I agree with the poster who said it's ok to drink diet soda.
  • dukeninja
    dukeninja Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Exercise is less than 10% of the equation. There is a recent study where they gave a nomadic tribe doubly labelled water and found that their basic metabolic rate wasn't much more than joe bloggs even though they walked for miles daily. I stopped running 5 weeks ago from injury and have continued to lose weight from logging what I eat. And that's despite occasionally going slightly over my allowance. If there's one thing that I would recommend you get right is to log everything you eat/drink religiously, at the very least the objectivity of the situation will shift your motivation up one notch. I left university in August at my heaviest, and I am now the lightest I've been for 6 yrs.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. I was going to school full time, working 2 jobs and taking care of my oldest son!
    It's alot of work, but doable. I lost about 40 lbs while I was in my Freshman/Sophmore year of college. Of course I gained it all back as soon as I got pregnant so here I am again!!

I think it's great that you have a boyfriend that supports you in your goals.

Add me if you'd like.
  • LilyMatic
    Options
    Oh yeah...and those vending machines at school don't help :\....

What you can try to do is pre- cook your healthy food and put them in topper wear :)

It's gonna help you from reaching for those bad foods...
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    Hey hunni feel free to add me, Im 20, 5ft 2 and trying to get down to 126lb