Water makes me hungry! Anyone else???

Options
khl84
khl84 Posts: 11 Member
All I hear is drink water...I do and all it does is make me more hungry. I have used the 5 calorie packets to give the water some taste, hoping it might help, but it doesn't. I have had this issue for years so it's not new. I have been watching my calories and have upped my water for the past two months and nothing has changed. I don't want to drop my amount of water because I know it helps, but does anyone else have this problem and what have you done to help? I can't eat just because I had too much water!

Replies

• pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that drinking water curbs your appetite- not so with me! I do enjoy feeling better while drinking the water, but other than that, I do not notice much benefit. I am sure someone with better medical knowledge than me can elaborate more about the benefits of drinking water.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Most people don't need to drink loads of water if they are eating a large amount of water rich foods - at least nine servings of fruits and veggies a day. Sip don't glug your water, maybe drink more after your meal and less before.
  • coffeemom3boys
    coffeemom3boys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Apples make me hungry.....just saying....
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Breathing makes me hungry LOL

Being alive makes me hungry!!! haha
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    chewing gum makes me starving!!!
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yep. It does. Just a hypothesis, but water swells up your blood, which could dilute blood sugars and salts at least temporarily until your liver pumps out more. That may be the culprit. I'm less hungry when I drink to thirst.
  • ursulagarcb
    ursulagarcb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    boston6 wrote: »

Breathing makes me hungry LOL
    khl84 wrote: »
    All I hear is drink water...I do and all it does is make me more hungry. I have used the 5 calorie packets to give the water some taste, hoping it might help, but it doesn't. I have had this issue for years so it's not new. I have been watching my calories and have upped my water for the past two months and nothing has changed. I don't want to drop my amount of water because I know it helps, but does anyone else have this problem and what have you done to help? I can't eat just because I had too much water!

• ursulagarcb
    Options
    I have the same issue. Thought I was the only one. As soon as I drink water, I feel a hole in my stomach. Warm water helps... I take infusions... chamomile for example... Cold water equals hunger. Can’t lose weight if I have to drink 8 glasses of water. I wouldn’t stop eating.
  • ursulagarcb
    Options
    Same happens with apples... can’t use them to stop hunger... they make me more hungry
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    _KATzMeow wrote: »
    chewing gum makes me starving!!!

That's interesting as I find it does the opposite for me
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hunger and thirst are very similar and so for some drinking first can avoid eating when unnecessary. I've never found it has made me hungrier though.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Same here. I thought I was the odd one out on this. Sipping may help, but if I'm super thirsty and drink a lot, I am almost immediately starving.