I want BOOTS!

Options
2»

Replies

• squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Cowboy boots, no, but I found a great pair of boots from Lane Bryant during their 1/2 off sale. They're gorgeous and so comfortable! And so sexy!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Most western wear stores that sell cowboy boots can stretch the calf portion of the boot. I have had to have it done. Just a suggestion.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in a while, but www.simplybe.com has great wide, extra wide and extra-extra wide calf boots. They're a UK company, but ship easily to the US.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i went on a HUGE drawn out Boot search a couple of months ago, I really wanted cute leather boots to wear with skirts this winter but i have big feet size 11/12 depending so its super hard to find anything in my size that is girly (and i was NOT going to get man boots to go w/ a skirt). I noticed when looking for boots that zappos has quite a few in the wide calf catagory and although zappos isn't cheap you could always order a bunch of shoes find the ones that fit and you like and then see if you can find them cheaper some where else. Zappos has free shipping and free returns so it makes shoe shopping easy. I went through about 7 pairs (aprox $1k worth) in boots before i found a pair that actually fit and was cute :)

good luck!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Would you consider a lower boot? Ariat Fatbaby boots (it's the style name, not a reference to size) or Ropers are really comfy and not as tall as standard boots and may work for you depending on how your calf tapers. I own Ariats for both fashion and riding and have always been really happy with them.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I get my boots from Duo. Custom fitted and lovely. Course now that I have lost weight they aren't fitted anymore *laff* But I still wear them because they are comfy and lovely and just fab! www.duoboots.com
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Dangit, I wanted BOOBS!

*walks out of thread in a huff*

(But before I go, I have had luck at The Avenue, and recently I actually found a pair of knee-high zip-up boots at PAYLESS of all places that fit! My calves are about 17+ inches)