Suggested Wii game workouts?

Options
I finally bought myself a Wii a couple weeks ago and bought Just Dance 3, a Jillian Micheals workout game and another workout game with Jenny McCarthy in it. I am thinking of buying the Wii Fit Board and game also. Is it worth buying? Any other suggested workout games to use with the Wii?
I have bad knees so I have to be careful with what I do to not make them worse.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have all the Just Dance games (1, 2, 3 and 4) and am currently trying out the Hip Hop Dance Xperience from the Redbox..I love it so far.
    I also purchased a game called "Walk it Out", which is no longer available (I bought it used from GameStop) and if I want to walk indoors, it's what I use (don't own a treadmill). You basically are building an island, but it tracks your steps/distance and you get prizes which lead to money, which is what builds the island. It's fun and you don't realize how long you've been walking while you're doing it. You also earn points and have to "buy" the music you eventually get to hear.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    The Walk It Out game sounds fun. I use Leslie Sansone walk dvds all the time but might enjoy this game too. The Jillian Micheals game has me running in place in 2 minute increaments in between different exercises too and I do like that one. It gets my heart rate up on my fitness watch.
    Thanks!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Using Red Box to test out the games is a good idea! I never thought of that since I have Netflix and they spun off their game category into another rental co. now.
    Thanks!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to just go buy every new dance game that came out, but I got one that I really didn't like (Country Dance...and I'm a country music fan) and it was $50 that I couldn't get back because I had opened it. From that point on, any new game for the Wii is tested through the Redbox (and that includes the games my 8 year old wants as well), just to see how much play time they actually get. For example, Madagascar 3...he wanted it and wanted it, so I rented it from the Redbox and he played it for 20 minutes. That would have been a waste of $50. Now, the only trick is remembering to take them back and not get charged an outrageous amount of money (we now own several Redbox movies because of this).

As far as Walk It Out goes..if you have a Gamestop, check with them. They can look in their system and see if any other store has a copy (if yours doesn't) and get it to you within a couple days..I think it took them 3 days to get my copy from a store in Colorado and it doesn't cost you anything extra and you don't pay for it until it arrives. I paid $20, but it's the best $20 I've spent for me on the Wii LOL.

Good luck!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Cant go wrong with limbo!

r2YnT.gif
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit.....it's kind of a love/hate relationship. The one thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a pre-set workouts. You pick what you want to do which is tough for me. Then a while back I came across EA Sports Active 2 on clearance for around $10 - it came with the essentials so I decided to try it. Really like this one. It has two programs, cardio kickstart and a 9 week challenge. It gives me pre-set workouts that I enjoy and I get a great workout.
  • smalldog70
    smalldog70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been using EA Sports Active 2 for a couple of months now and it's brilliant. Not sure about prices/availability in the US, but over here in the UK, you can buy it for £10 (about $15) and it has several different workout programmes (mainly cardio/fitness stuff) to follow, tracking of what you've done, how many calories you've burned, heartrate monitor, the lot. I'm following their workout programme which is a 9-week programme of 4 worksout a week, takes about 40mins-1 hour per workout, gets me sweating, raises the heartrate, burns off calories. Great piece of kit.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Been using EA Sports Active 2 for a couple of months now and it's brilliant. Not sure about prices/availability in the US, but over here in the UK, you can buy it for £10 (about $15) and it has several different workout programmes (mainly cardio/fitness stuff) to follow, tracking of what you've done, how many calories you've burned, heartrate monitor, the lot. I'm following their workout programme which is a 9-week programme of 4 worksout a week, takes about 40mins-1 hour per workout, gets me sweating, raises the heartrate, burns off calories. Great piece of kit.

I use this as well, and it's awesome. And it truly works. Exerbeat is also a really good one as well.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My sister recently bought the Zumba Core and it's kicking my *kitten*! ;o)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    The ones that I love doing is Zumba, Zumba core, Dance workout, Wii Fit and the Biggest Loser.
  • athenaheim
    Options

I use this as well, and it's awesome. And it truly works. Exerbeat is also a really good one as well.

I used to do this one and ever since I had my surgery in February I havent gone back to it. I need to. I would highly recommend this one as well.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

This one is great! I have used the Wii Fit and Walk it out too, not heavy calorie burners, but fun and good to get you started.
  • athenaheim
    Options
    Cant go wrong with limbo!

r2YnT.gif

All I can say is wow.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees as well - until I was able to gradually introduce squats and lunges after being shown a way to do them that didn't hurt my knees... I brought them back in - this was using Wii Active.
    I do have Wii Fit and the Zumba ones, as well as a tennis game.

They do the trick on the days when I am not at the gym...
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Bump. Been contemplating what to get myself...so thanks for this topic!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone the others - the zumba games on the wii are fantastic!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options

I bought this about 2 weeks ago, and have been using it nearly everyday since. The Wii Fit is nice (I use it for yoga) but to get a really good workout it's just not possible unless you do the running and running in place gets old.
    EA Active tracks your movements, heart rate and progress. I bought it for $20--couldn't beat it.
  • christa_2012
    Options
    I got a julian michaels biggest loser game. you get a character as you. you can make a work out plan, record your daily diet. it gives you tips, motivation, records your weight if you have a fit board. gives recipies. its really cool.
  • mlcastle
    Options

Same here