Who has an iPod Touch?

Options
epoeraven
epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
I am seriously thinking about getting an iPod touch. For those who have bought one can you give me some pros and cons. Do you use it as much as you thought you would???

Replies

• mrsvezeau
    Options
    I got an ipod touch for xmas and use it all the time. It is the first real "tech" toy i have ever had and i love it. My two boys love it as well.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My husband got one two Christmases ago and we use it quite a bit!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I got one about a year and a half ago, and I don't think I could live without it!

...ok, that's a little dramatic, but you know what I mean.
    Love love love!
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    I use mine all the time. All the apps and such are really helpful. It's a lovely piece of electronic equipment.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I use mine more often than I imagined I would, actually. I'm a big audiobook fan, though, and use it for the commute to work and back daily. Checking email, logging calories, going grocery shopping with a shopping application, surfing the net in the bath (snicker) etc. etc.

Pros:
    > Cool applications--Things like a unit converter helps for working out grams to ounces easily. I stay away from the games, though... too addictive.
    > Wifi capability--it's like a mini computer, and I use the internet browser with little difficulty. Some internet sites have their own applications to download, which is awesome. (Like MFP's application, grin).
    > It's very simple and easy to use.

Cons for me are:
    > Size of the thing--after using a Nano, the Touch is heavier and bulkier, which is a pain if you're exercising with it.
    > Battery life--it seems to need charging much more regularly than the Nano.
    > Obviously the wifi and internet do not work when I'm not in range.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I bought my husband and myself iPhones almost a year ago and we are still in love with them. We use it all the time!
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    I have an iPhone.... So pretty much the same thing but with my phone attached.... I LOVE IT... there is even a MFP app... so I can log my food and excercise on the go...Hold my music as well... so I can ROCK out anywhere... Really love the PANDORA and SLACKER apps.... Music, Music, and more Music....

it's my calendar, alarm clock, game station, Weather "person", Map, driving directions, camera, calculator, amd e-mail box....

I could go on and on.... LOVE IT....

I vote YES!!! You should get a iTouch!!!
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use mine ALL the time, whether im on my laptop working, logging cals, or chatting - or when i'm in the gym or street running. I got it in January 2008 and have probably used it every day since :D Definitely get one, they rock! The MFP app just adds the icing onto the, erm, apple.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I just got mine a month ago and I love it. I agree with the battery issue but it will charge from any computer as long as you keep the cord around I don't find that to be a problem.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The battery life is good if you don't have the brightness at full power (half is good) and make sure the wifi is switched off when you don't need it.