Help pwz:)

Options
How do you guys keep motivated? I want to do so well but I am really apprehensive that I don't do the right thing. I am 5' 2", 23, and weigh 142lbs. A few years ago I lost 28lbs on the Weight Watchers old Core Plan - half of that has gone on again and i would like to get at least that off again. Ultimately I would like to get down to about 120lbs in the end but I just want to feel healthier and happier. I look at all these awesome success stories and I just think "that can't be me...i'll never look like that" no matter how much I want to. I would love it if you could give me some pointers into exercise and diet tips.

(Other info)
I am currently on Day 10 of JM's 30 Day Shred
I am a student and am in uni 9-5 every day although try to walk there and back (45 mins each way)
I don't have any health problems really
I live in Edinburgh, Scotland
My diary is open! :D

I'd be really interested to hear about weights - I am planning on starting Bodypump next week although don't know much about how heavy I should lift.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You should lift enough that you burn out at 6-10 reps. Also, do yourself and us a favor, track calories, carbs, fat, protein, sodium and maybe fiber. The first 4 are really important, the last two are optional. Next, adjust your macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein, and 25% fats. It's much better for body recomposition. And last, do NOT worry about weight. It's a meaningless number that people erroneously pick, which in many cases require people to lose muscle to hit a number. Below is what happens when you worry about body composition (more muscle, less fat). Now, you won't gain any muscle with a calorie deficit, but you can cut fat. Also, based on your stats, I would put you at 1700-1800 calories daily (total). You are active as you walk to school and 30ds burns another 200-300 calories.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When i started my weight loss journey i ... well i could hardly imagine that i would lose as much as i already lost, tough i want to lose some more.
    Anyway, what motivated me and is quite surprising is sport movies. Cause i was surrounded with people who were already used to a more rounder me and i didn't really have someone to motivate me but i always loves sports. So thanks to the movies i started even jogging and doing exercises at home.
    Then....i wanted to be healthy to, and start a healthier lifestyle with sports and really healthy and ''clean'' food.
    Or i know someone who kept herself motivated with putting a really overweight's person photo on the fridge and whenever she felt like eating she had better skipped or had chosen a smaller portion.
    Or dieting with someone would help.
    Another tip is joining a sports or fitness group.

When i lost most of my weight i ate lots and lots of veggies and salads and soups and...to be frank i ate quite a lot. It's true they were varied meals and not big portions :smile:

And instead of having 3 meals and 2 snacks i had 3 meals and 1 snack and a tea[sugarfree]

:smile:
  • pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thank you for the replies! I didn't realise you could change macros etc - i see i have been pretty much over on carbs most days so thank you so much for the advice.