bulge on tricep area

Options
how do you get rid of the bulge on the tricep area? if i do tricep exercises like tricep extension with weights, will it increase in size?? wat exercises should i do?

Replies

• jana1124
    jana1124 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you look under my topics I asked the same question pretty much... I got all kinds of answers.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    If you look under my topics I asked the same question pretty much... I got all kinds of answers.

Just a friendly hint..."My Topics" are just for you, so you can see the topics you've posted in. Someone else won't see the same topics that you see when they click on "My Topics". They'll see the topics they've posted in. :smile:
  • runner915
    Options
    I like to do overhead tricep extensions on a cable machine. You use the rope attachment that has a handle on either end and then facing away from the machine and stepping one foot forward, you pull the handles over your head and down towards the floor while straightening your elbows. Another good one is to use a dumbell and lift your arm straight up over your head and then while keeping the elbow near your head, bending it and letting your hand and the weight go back towards your shoulder blad, then lifting it back up. Do these make sense? There are tonnnnnns of tricep workouts you can do that are more interesting than those two, but those are just the two that I do the most often. When lifting weights, whether or not you tone up as opposed to bulk up, depends on the amount of weight and number of repetitions you do. So I would do a lighter weight with 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps. Hope this helps!
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

Just a friendly hint..."My Topics" are just for you, so you can see the topics you've posted in. Someone else won't see the same topics that you see when they click on "My Topics". They'll see the topics they've posted in. :smile:

I don't think she was referring to the "my topics" section. I think she was saying to go look at her topics which you can do by clicking the number under their picture when they write in a message board.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I don't think she was referring to the "my topics" section. I think she was saying to go look at her topics which you can do by clicking the number under their picture when they write in a message board.

Oh duh! i didn't even think of that! :laugh:
  • jana1124
    jana1124 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yeah thats what i meant.. sorry...
  • firepixie
    Options
    if the bulge is fat, the only way to make it smaller is to lose weight. A whole bunch of tricep exercises won't burn many calories to reduce your overall body fat, but you will have nice strong muscles
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    To expand on what firepixie is saying, there's no such thing as "spot reduction." You can't work out a specific area in the hopes of losing fat in JUST that area. Fat loss occurs all over, simultaneously, but it just seems like certain trouble spots remain because those were the most dense areas.

Just like in spring time when the snow drifts and mounds melt, all the snow melts at the same time, but the mountains where the snowplows dumped the snow take the longest because of quantity.

If you work out certain muscle groups, they'd get stronger, but they aren't going to eat away at the fat on top of them.

Good, clean nutition; sensible levels of calorie deficit; aerobic exercise and strength training; and sufficient rest are your best, proven options.