Will you look at my diary?

Options
So I am not losing weight but I work out every day and now I have been working out either twice a day to total 40 minutes or just a 30 minute work out. I don't expect a miracle of 30 pounds overnight but I would like to see at least one pound! please excuse last sunday where I ate Burger King it was a moment of weakness and I felt like crap after lol, but I am eating to many carbs ? or to much sugar? any help is appreciated.

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    A few questions, how long have you been following mfps plan? Have you had your bmr calculated?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Step 1 - Stop working out 2x a day
    Step 2 - Set goal to 1 lb per week
    Step 3 - Eat 50% of your exercise calories or set your account to moderately active and do not eat back exercise calories.
    Step 4 - Adjust macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats.
    Step 5 - Tell us what type of exercise you do.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I think you may be eating too little.

If you have a few moments, please read this piece; it's one of the most helpful posts we have and it might get you re-calibrated into a healthier, weight-lossier set of habits.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    personally, if you had 1 slice of bread with PB, you could cut the cals from the bread and added a fruit and/or veggie to lunch. For dinner, you could add a protein source and i would of skipped the biscuit.
  • karenragusa
    Options
    you need to eat to lose,but......chose the right foods that will fill you up veggies are great i use cabbage and green beans.i love them steamed with a low sugar spaghetti sauce and a little parmesean cheese.
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are eating too less? i know it sounds weird, at start i didn't believe it until i didn't lose weight with about an 800-900 calorie intake, and when i upped to 1300-1400 i started losing again
  • jkleeh
    jkleeh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A few questions, how long have you been following mfps plan? Have you had your bmr calculated?

What is my BMR? and I have been on MFP since Dec 11 but feel off the workout horse around July and just started again about a month ago maybe alittle more.
  • jkleeh
    Options
    Step 3 - Eat 50% of your exercise calories or set your account to moderately active and do not eat back exercise calories.

Why not work out twice a day is it bad?
  • jkleeh
    Options
    personally, if you had 1 slice of bread with PB, you could cut the cals from the bread and added a fruit and/or veggie to lunch. For dinner, you could add a protein source and i would of skipped the biscuit.

Thanks!
  • sheshell43
    sheshell43 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One problem may be that you are not getting enough calories each day. Your body goes into 'starvation mode' without enough calories. Your body will use lean tissue or muscle to provide it with some of the calories it needs to keep functioning. This directly leads to a loss of muscle, which in turn lowers metabolic rate so that the body needs fewer calories to keep ticking over and weight loss slows down.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

It provides zero benefit. If you workout twice a day, you have to eat double the calories and your make all your progress and improvements while resting. Workout onces a day, push yourself hard and eat well (probably 1700-1800 calories total) and you will see results. Also, you should be doing some resistance/weight training if you aren't. It's much better for fat loss.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I agree you seem to be eating too little. Try to substitute processed foods with whole foods. Any little additive makes a difference. Instead of presliced lunch meat (which has high salt, etc.) try chicken breast. Instead of white bread slices (no real nutritional value) try to make a wrap with romaine lettuce or a heavy grain bread (I personally don't eat bread at all). Instead of white rice, try brown rice. Please eat breakfast with your coffee. Try a 3 egg omlette (chop up onion, green peppers, left over chicken, etc) or yogurt (I liked greek yogurt like Fage). It's better to add your own fruit then buy them with fruit. Double or triple your veggie intake to help fill your plate. I use a lot of frozen Steamfresh veggies (steam in a bag in a microwave). I'll eat half a bag for dinner a few times a week for dinner with my chicken, tilipia, or salmon. I live for salads, so try a dark green salad (heavy with spinach or romane) and add a couple ounces of tuna with vinagarette dressings. One of my favorite salads is: 50/50 mix spinach ready mix (Dole or Fresh Express brand), 5 oz or chicken breast (seasoned with pepper and salt-free McCormics), 1 oz. whole almonds (natural, no salt), and a apple cut up into pieces. I use Kraft Tomato Basil and Ken's Raspberry vinagarette fairly frequently. Last but not least, make sure you drink a whole lot of water. I drink water all day out of a waterbottle with a straw in it. It has side measurements so I can ensure I'm getting my whole 80oz in. Good luck!
  • jkleeh
    Options
    Believe it or not, I think you may be eating too little.

If you have a few moments, please read this piece; it's one of the most helpful posts we have and it might get you re-calibrated into a healthier, weight-lossier set of habits.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Thank you! I book marked the link and I will read it tonight!
  • jkleeh
    Options
    I agree you seem to be eating too little. Try to substitute processed foods with whole foods. Any little additive makes a difference. Instead of presliced lunch meat (which has high salt, etc.) try chicken breast. Instead of white bread slices (no real nutritional value) try to make a wrap with romaine lettuce or a heavy grain bread (I personally don't eat bread at all). Instead of white rice, try brown rice. Please eat breakfast with your coffee. Try a 3 egg omlette (chop up onion, green peppers, left over chicken, etc) or yogurt (I liked greek yogurt like Fage). It's better to add your own fruit then buy them with fruit. Double or triple your veggie intake to help fill your plate. I use a lot of frozen Steamfresh veggies (steam in a bag in a microwave). I'll eat half a bag for dinner a few times a week for dinner with my chicken, tilipia, or salmon. I live for salads, so try a dark green salad (heavy with spinach or romane) and add a couple ounces of tuna with vinagarette dressings. One of my favorite salads is: 50/50 mix spinach ready mix (Dole or Fresh Express brand), 5 oz or chicken breast (seasoned with pepper and salt-free McCormics), 1 oz. whole almonds (natural, no salt), and a apple cut up into pieces. I use Kraft Tomato Basil and Ken's Raspberry vinagarette fairly frequently. Last but not least, make sure you drink a whole lot of water. I drink water all day out of a waterbottle with a straw in it. It has side measurements so I can ensure I'm getting my whole 80oz in. Good luck!

Thank you! I am really bad with Veggies and breakfast I always tell myself I am going to eat it and then run out the door with nothing.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I see you have just joined this month? You need to give it more than a few days, woman!

ETA - my bad!! December of LAST year :)
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you could use more protein. At a calorie deficit, you'll lose muscle along with fat, but the muscle is what will give that athletic look that most people want. A way to avoid that, or minimize it I should say, is to get enough protein, and do resistance training.
  • jkleeh
    Options

It provides zero benefit. If you workout twice a day, you have to eat double the calories and your make all your progress and improvements while resting. Workout onces a day, push yourself hard and eat well (probably 1700-1800 calories total) and you will see results. Also, you should be doing some resistance/weight training if you aren't. It's much better for fat loss.

I do interval training but only with 5lb weights maybe I should up it
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

THIS.

Also, watch sodium intake. Porcessed foods are LOADED with it.

Also, Breakfast?
  • glamis_dust_bunny
    Options
    I have heard increasing your daily caloric intake when you hit a platue will jump start your metabolism again and will help you start to lose again. Increase by a few hundred cals a day. Add maybe a protein shake to your meal plan, or even protein bars. I would make sure you are watching the cals, sugars, carbs, and fat in them though. Try to stick with something less than 200 calories, that has less than 20 grams of carbs, 5 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fat. I would recommend powdered rather than the Ready to Drink kind because those have a tendency to taste very medicinal. Mix with water, add to your cup of coffee in the morning... viola! A friend of mine just gave me a creative tip to drinking the shakes. If you are doing vanilla and want to change it up a bit mix in a bit of sugar free jello (pudding or jello), add in some instant coffee and unsweetened cocoa, you can add in some diet root beer for a root beer float effect (add ice to make it frothy) you can do the same with diet orange soda. Oh I forgot to note that it's best to blend in a blender if you have one. Hope your weight loss kicks off again soon for you. I know how frustrating it can be. Another tip that I learned from my Doctor was that if instead of doing cardo all the time add some weights (2-3lbs) and do just arm exercises for 30 min while watching your favorite program (its harder than it sounds) you increase your metebolic rate rather than your heart rate and it helps your metebolism burn hotter.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You're eating a lot of processed stuff, I'd be curious to know what your sodium intake is. Looks like it could be high, which will make you keep water weight on. switch to fresh, unprocessed foods. also, eat high protein, higher fiber. and drink more water.