question about body measurements

Jerzeebabie04
Jerzeebabie04 Posts: 272
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't take my body measurements very often and was just curious how often is good to take them? I know it's important not to weigh yourself too often and I know you don't have to do body measurements as often. But I feel like I'm losing inches in some areas and that it's shifting to other areas lol.

Also does it matter if you wear the same thing when you do body measurements?

Replies

• I do my body measurements once every 2 weeks, but I'm not sure what is suggested. It just takes that long for me to see a difference. And I think when measuring you just need to wear something as fitted as possible so you can get an accurate measurement.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    I measure once a month. And I don't take it over clothes.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I've heard you should weight once a week and take measurements once every 2-3 weeks. That's what I do; every three weeks on the same day I weigh in.
  • I measure once a month but I have also heard some people on here who do it every 8 weeks which I guess is about 2 months.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Once a month. Neked.
  • Thanks! I just know when I first did measurements I wore one thing, then my weight loss doctor measured a month later and I wore something else. It's been a long time since I've done any measurements so I want to do them tonight!
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Once a month in my undies, but make sure that you remember what part of your parts you're measuring, lol. For example, measure your waist always on the belly button and the hips always x-number inches below waist, etc. I didn't pay attention the first time I measured, so didn't have a clue if I measured the same places the next time. :ohwell:
  • 1st of each month. naked.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    I don't take my body measurements very often and was just curious how often is good to take them? I know it's important not to weigh yourself too often and I know you don't have to do body measurements as often. But I feel like I'm losing inches in some areas and that it's shifting to other areas lol.

Also does it matter if you wear the same thing when you do body measurements?

I measure once a month, but since I do it myself, I'm sure I'm always off by a bit. Instead, I go by how my clothes fit. I have a pair of pants and a shirt I put aside that I haven't been able to fit in for a few years now. At the end of each month, I try it on and see how it feels and I have to say, it's the best way to go. I can now get my pants up and the shirt is loose, so yay!
  • I would say once a month!! I go to curves, and they offer to do it for you every month. I skipped this month, and I am due to get measured on March 5th. Last time was Jan. 5th. I can not wait to see how all this pain in the *kitten* work has paid off. So I will see and get a print out of Jan. 5th, and what I will be on March 5th. Im only waiting 2 months because my lady that did it first is on vacation, and I know everyone does it different!!
This discussion has been closed.