Rant about Best Buy!

Options
stresco
stresco Posts: 354 Member
I have been trying to order a small laptop for my son's birthday on the 10th of this month and have had nothing but grief. First, when I tried placing the order online, the shipping options kept bouncing from In Stock/In Store Pickup / Delivery / Out of Stock. Then it tells me the closest store to pick it up from was in Albany (90 Minutes away). So I called the store directly to ask if they had it, and they tell me they are a Best Buy Express and don't even carry laptops :/ So then I call my local Best Buy and they say they actually have one and I can order it over the phone with them and pick it up later. Of course after I place the order, 30 minutes later I get an email saying that it is not available for in store pickup. So I call support and they offer to change my order and have it shipped to my house.

Now it gets interesting: According to UPS my box was delivered yesterday and signed for by DD. Who the hell is DD? Nobody in my house has those initials, and I know for a fact that no-one was even home when they say it was delivered. I tried to open a ticket with Tech Support Chat to get the issue resolved this morning because I am working with a client and don't want to take too much time on the phone. Kelly, B. tells me that there is NOTHING they can do because the item has been shipped and I need to call UPS. I already called UPS last night and they told me to contact Best Buy to start a trace on the package. I tell her this and she re-states, that there is NOTHING Best Buy can do I need to call UPS. So I call Best Buy Support and get LISA on the phone and explain to her my frustration. She says that she understands and she will help me. 30 minutes go by while I wait as she fills out some imaginary form. Finally she says that she has started the trace and she is going to transfer me to her supervisor and puts me on hold for 5 minutes. Eventually PAUL picks up the phone and I have to start the whole process all over again. He spends another 30 minutes of my time filling out this trace form and then puts me on hold for another 10 minutes. Finally he gets back on the line and tells me that the trace is been submitted and it will be at least 3 days before UPS investigates when they will either re-ship my item or refund my money, and if I want to know what is going on with the status of the trace, I have to call UPS because NOBODY will be contacting me one way or the other.

To put things into perspective, UPS lost a second box on me with this shipment. This other one was ordered from Amazon.com. The second item I ordered from Amazon was of equal value as the Best Buy order. I contacted Amazon and within 10 minutes they had a trace put into UPS, AND they have replaced my shipment free of charge!

So here I am stuck, with no gift for my son, and no way to know if I am going to get my money back from Best Buy. I have to go out now and see if I can find a replacement for my son as I wait for Best Buy to get their act together.

Bottom Line:

Best Buy sucks! I will never make another purchase from this lousy company ever again. I can find similar if not better products from other companies. The only reason I use them in the first place was for convenience. Now after dealing with their lack of customer support the convenience factor has been lost as well. Good buy Best Buy... you will not be missed.

Replies