Was feeling stuck with slow weight loss but now happy

Options
ChadB74
ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
I started my journey in Sept of this year. The weight started to fall of fast and I mentally got use to dropping like 4 pounds a week, without exercise. About 6 weeks in of just changing my calorie intake, I decided to join a gym. Since joining the gym, I've only lost around 1.5lbs a week. I was feeling bad about this until I did my measurements today. I lost over 7" in my stomach, lost 3.5" around my waist, lost about 1.5" in my neck and a total of 38lbs of weight. I guess this is one of those inches over pounds victories.......Point of post, if you're feeling not so good about weight loss, maybe focus on the inches lost because nothing made me feel better than buying a new outfit for Thanksgiving and making it look good:happy:

Replies

• kenziestx
    Options
    Thanks for that. I too started in September. I lost 12 pounds in the first 5 weeks with healthy eating, watching calories and exercising 3 or 4 times a week for 20-30 mins. After week 5 I stalled. I am now on week 14 and still havn't lost any more weight. It's very frustrating! I amped up my workouts and really pushed myself doing 5 days a week for up to an hour. I started The 30 Day Shred last week and took new photos and measurement. I can't wait to measure myself when I'm finished. My pants have been fitting a bit better and I have tons more energy, so I'm hoping that maybe I havn't seen the scale move because I'm converting fat into muscle. Anyway, I know how you were feeling and I'm glad that it all worked out! Great job and keep it up :smile:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! sometimes we're all so focused on the number of that scale that we forget about things like losing inches and fitting into clothes a little better :) Great work!
  • tammytee93
    tammytee93 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I started 2 months ago and yet to see any significant weight loss.
  • J_Kohler_2
    J_Kohler_2 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    NICE! This post was just what I needed for some added inspiration! Thank you! and Congrats!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm celebrating because I GAINED 1/2 inch in my calves and thigns. The scale is stuck, but I am gaining muscle in my legs. YAY!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    WOW... that is an awesome feeling..
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks I needed to read this. Well done!
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am soo happy for you well done :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!