How long to get to goal weight after baby?!

Options

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    About 9 months for my first and it will be about a year for my second. I gained about 50+ with both.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    It took me one year and 5 months to get it together and stick with a personal regime. I gained 55lbs with my oldest and 63lbs with my youngest..
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, they are 4 1/2, 3 & 12 months. I lost all but the last few pounds from my last pregnancy by the time he turned 1. I still have 60lbs to lose to get to my very 1st pre pregnancy weight. I wasn't really trying until after having my last son, so I'm hoping that I can get these next 60lbs or even more off, before he turns 2, next June :)
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 lbs in my pregnancy and didn't lose any weight at all until he was about 11 months old even though I was exclusively nursing. Honestly, I feel like nursing hindered my progress (I've always been one to gain on birth control and nursing does affect your hormones in a similar way). Once my son started to eat more solids and I wasn't nursing as much, it was a lot easier to lose. Once I did start losing weight, it took about a year to lose the 40 lbs I'd gained. I was not thin nor overweight when I conceived and I was 25 years old when I had him.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    9 weeks with baby #5 after gaining 40lbs during pregnancy. I can't remember with the others. I was very active right after I had her though. I started walking 5 days postpartum and started Insanity one month postpartum. That being said, I heal very quickly and not everyone's body reacts the same.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am 15 mths post-partum with baby number two. I gained 45 lbs and she was 8lb 8oz. I could have lost the weight maybe by 10-12 months if I was better with my diet previously. I am breastfeeding so I have to be careful not to lose weight too quickly.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I gained 35 pounds while pregnant, and had a 6 pound baby, and maybe 10-15 pounds of fluid. So, I gained around 15-20 pounds of pure fat- mainly due to the 4-6 bowls of cereal I ate every day. I was so dumb, since I have stayed at the same weight (give or take 5 pounds) from ages 15-27, I just assumed I could eat whatever whenever and the weight would come off when the baby came.

Not so. I topped the scales at 155 the day I had my baby, and when I went back to work 10 weeks later I was around 135-140. Going back to work helped me lose the weight quicker, and in Jan 2012 (4 months post partum) I joined myfitnesspal to lose the last 5 pounds. I am now under my pre pregnancy weight and have been for over a year, but I am in much better shape and have much better eating habits than I did before.

Here is a couple adjustments I made- body weight exercises are my friends. Squats, lunges, push ups, pull ups, tricep dips are actually really fun for me. I hope to get back into deadlifting and benching but that's off the table for now. I prefer to do my cardio in very short, very intense segments- no more than 20 min, but at the highest speed/include possible. I avoid cereal and bread. Not saying it's the devil but for me personally, it works best just to avoid it entirely. I try to eat one vegetable in every color every day, and get 20-30 grams of protein per meal/snack. I do not really limit calories, and if I had to guess, I'd say I average about 1,600 a day. Sometimes I track, but I usually lose interest by midday. I also regularly cart around a 23 pound toddler and all her crap, and that's a lot of work.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It wasn't reaching my goal weight, but I got back to my pre pregnancy weight within a year (made it just a few days before my little one's 1st birthday lol).

I gained about 30lbs but to be fair gained most of that in the 3 months after the birth! Tired lazy tired tired tired....... :laugh:
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I only just lost the weight I'd gained 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my oldest. I gained about 60 with him, lost 30, got pregnant again, gained 30, lost 30, got pregnant again, gained 30, lost 30, got pregnant again, gained 30, lost 30... 4 kids later I still had that extra 30 I'd gained with the first one. It's gone now (my youngest is 1-1/2), but I didn't get it gone until I really focused on losing the weight, eating right and exercising. I nursed all my babies, and no weight melted off of me... I'm still nursing my youngest and am still struggling just to maintain.
    So for me I guess 8 years would be the answer... but really, once my last little one hit one year, I made a decision, and within 6 months that last 30lbs was gone.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    1 yr I was usually back to my prepregnancy, goal weight is different and I gained over 100 with the first 3 and over 50 on the 4th.
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 15 months to lose it all because of heart issues. Now trying to tone up. Add me!!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes "it took 10 months to put it on give yourself 10 months to take it off." I gained 60+ with each and exclusively nursed with no solids until 8 months and that helped me lose it all pretty fast (8-9 months) all 4 times
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    My first pregnancy I gained 60 lbs and it took 10 months to get back, this pregnancy I gained 42lbs and am 5 months post partum and have 10 lbs and toning to do.
  • wing5
    wing5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It is very hard- I struggled with it mentally for ages, but kept working my butt off even tho I wasnt seeing much change, just dvds and stuff. But each week something new/old fit again and now I actually think Im more toned than I was before bugs-its been 7.5 months, so dont give up and be kind to yourself, you just made a little person :)
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    my daughters 3 this august and I only got the 12lbs i gained off this may started in jan.
    I didn't try to get any off though till a year had gone by and just wasn't in the right frame of mind to do it till this year as i was fed up being over weight and not fitting into my clothes.
    I'm now getting more weight off to get the the weight i was before going on the depo injection for 6 years 13 years ago.

this was my second section and was a very big pregnancy but my big pouch just went down by it's self after a year.
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options
    i gained about 35 pounds during pregnancy- lost 16 pounds after three days of having my son, then I didn't bother trying to lose weight till he turned one. After my son was one I lost the rest in a few months then I looked flabby and was not happy, so I started lifting and am happy with the results so far:)

Mind you I still weigh about the same, just my body fat is lower and it's a big difference
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    well lets see my LO is 18 months old next month, I gained 60 pounds with him , and still have 17 pounds to go , but I have noticed that he is more active and so am I ,I think its up to you how long it takes, good luck
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    <
    Almost 18 months postpartum. I still have quite a ways to go before I get to my goal body, but I'm already 10 lbs less than when I got pregnant.
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    about 18 months. Now i'm 5-10 lbs below pre pregnancy. I gained 70 pounds and it didn't come off itself. I still breast feed my 22 month off and i don't think it made any difference weight wise. Had to completely change my eating and exercise
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    It took my guinea pig 5 months to get her figure back. I gave her outside playtime an hour a day to burn off the baby fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!