Starbux white chocolate mocha is the debil.

Options
Seriously. I decided to have a small one...nonfat, no whip. I don't like Starbucks really except for that and their holiday peppermint mocha.

Anyway...dutifully plug it into my journal. 270 calories:grumble: I knew I'd be taking a bit of a hit (I generally don't even drink lattes, but I had a gift card from work).

GAH!! I should have gone with my first instinct and given the gift cards to my neighbors.

Replies

• GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    Seriously. I decided to have a small one...nonfat, no whip. I don't like Starbucks really except for that and their holiday peppermint mocha.

Anyway...dutifully plug it into my journal. 270 calories:grumble: I knew I'd be taking a bit of a hit (I generally don't even drink lattes, but I had a gift card from work).

GAH!! I should have gone with my first instinct and given the gift cards to my neighbors.
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hang in there kid. Just adjust the rest of your days calories around the indiscretion. And then get back on the wagon.:flowerforyou:
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    Try the skinny lattes. They have 1/2 the calories of the one you drank. :drinker:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I used to LOVE buffets we went there last night and I have green beans a spinach salad and chicken but honestly my second instinct told me to pig out!!!!! But I didn't....kind of glad I did.

But I made the mistake of having a frappicino the other day.... almost 400 calories:sick:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :laugh: the debil. Did you get that from the Waterboy?
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    On a whim, I tried the Nonfat Chai Latte.......(I was a NF, SF Vanilla Latte-er before)
    and I loved it... cinnamon-y, reminds me of holiday baking.. and better than fraps and full fat/surag lattes, it is a better alternative. Below is the listing for them in tall and venti sizes~

So save even more (like most of the sugar), I learned to emulate it at home... I bought Chai tea at the store... in a small pan, i heat up (on low) 3/4 c skim milk, and 11/4 c water with a stick of cinnamom (the tea has it, but it gives it a bigger kick).... just before the mixture boils, I pour it into a large mug which contains the chai bag, cover and steep for 2 minutes. Then I put in a packet of splenda and enjoy..... not quite the starbucks, but it is tasty and drops all of the calories from the refigned sugar :)

Serving Size Tall (12 oz)
    Calories 150
    Total Fat (g) 0
    Sugars (g) 32
    Protein (g) 6

Serving Size Venti (20 oz)
    Calories 260
    Total Fat (g) 0
    Sugars (g) 53