Losing weight with Lyme Disease

Options
So my crappy Lyme disease is flaring up. I'm in so much pain. I can't work out right now at all. I'm severely depressed and can barely eat.

I don't know what to do. My Dr says my Lyme is gone. I don't have the cash to go to a Lyme knowledgable Doctor. Anyone out there that has Lyme and was able to lose weight?

I don't lose weight when I can't eat. I don't sleep when my Lyme is bad. I can barely walk, and exercise is completely not an option.

Replies

• Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I just saw this. I have Chronic Lyme Disease and I've lost over 50 pounds so far. Some days it's a struggle, and I have to listen to my body more than a "healthy" person does...but it definitely is doable.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    There was an interview on Fresh Air today about Lyme: http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/ (the audio isn't posted yet but it should be by tomorrow), I heard a few snippets about making dietary changes and having it help the lyme. I don't remember specifically, so I don't want to guess and get it wrong, but you should listen to the interview if you get the chance.
  • jaleenasmom
    Options
    Hi there.
    I know this is a very old thread but oh well.
    I too, have Lyme and it is SO hard to lose weight.
    I got me a vitamix.
    My body seems to tolerate liquids but not solid food. I've lost 21 pounds.
    I am basically a vegetarian. I do eat eggs, goat cheese, fish, and chicken SOMETIMES.
    I just have to tell myself I am not hungry. No matter what my stomach says, I am not hungry.
    I also started with coconut oil, homemade peanut butter, quinoa, and raw local honey.
    It seems my body starves on solid food.
    And exercise is OUT most days for me. The pain is unbearable these days as it is spring and the weather blah blah blah. You know the drill.
    Love to my fellow Lymie.