caloric intake-bmr/tdee advice please!

Options
I am 5'5, 22 year old female 135lbs.. so that puts my BMR at around 1436.. my tdee at 2229.. MFP has me eating 1600 a day.. I try to burn 200-300 cals daily from exercise..if I'm hungry, I eat them back.. if I'm not hungry.. I don't force myself to eat.

So, my question is.. is 1600 a good number for me for losing .5lbs a week?? I not losing ANY weight.. Yes, I feel stronger, look better.. but the scale has not moved.

Are my calories where they should be?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Here's my 2-cents....

Try it...it will work. But if you find yourself hungry, stay withing your TDEE.

There are 2 paths...one that does and one that does not. The body is miraculous, and at some point may flatten out...when it does, make the change to the adverse and see what happens.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that ive been eating 1600 all of november til now :)
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    1600 calories should have you losing over 1lb per week: (2229-1600 + 250)*7/3500 = 1.75lbs per week if you don't eat exercise calories back or 1.25 lbs per week if you do.

There is no way that you can eat 600 calories below TDEE for a month and lose no weight. Either you are mis-estimating something (calories or TDEE) or your scale is terrible.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    same scale i've always used and i calculate cals burned by HR

also log every snack and sweet i eat lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to lose weight? You are already at a healthy weight. I think you should eat at maintenance and focus on getting enough protein. Start lifting weights to change your body composition. You may want to lower your BF%, but you need not lose any weight.