waist size question

Options
At what point did you start buying new clothes instead of just wearig your oversized clothes?

I've only purchased a single pair of jeans so far and I'm still 30-40 lbs from my goal weight. I've gone from a 36" waist down to a 32-33" waist during my first ~20 lbs of weight loss. Any insight as to how much smaller my waist will get? I don't want to load up on 32" pants only to get back to my high school size of 28" waist (not even sure is possible given the width of my hips). At what weight or body fat % should I start buying clothes again? Basically where does lowering body fat % stop effecting things like waist size?

My progress so far
200+ to 182 lbs
36" to 32.5" waist
lost 1.5" in my thighs
Still only 5' 6" though I look taller ;)
I'd say I've lost around 8% body fat and I'm probably ~27% body fat now

My goal is 145 which is where the BMI says I should be to hit the 'normal' range, but that seems a bit low for the 'high' end of a normal weight for me. Are the BMI charts off so much? I was on the weight lifting team in high school and I've spend my share of time in the gymn in my 20's.

Replies

• DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    for your height your waist at the end of your weight loss will be 29 -30 inches
  • mhaight85
    Options
    Don't know about the waist size thing, but if you want to buy some in-between clothes without spending a lot I recommend checking out a thrift store or consignment shop so that you're not paying full price for clothes you may only wear for a couple months.

I did this with my "fat" clothes and it helped me get motivated to get back into my "skinny" clothes. :O)