Help!!!!!

Options
I am exhausted when I get home from work.....how do you do it? It is all I can do to fix dinner, clean the kitchen, do the housework and get everything ready to roll for the next day.
I do know that I need to excercise, but any one still getting results without exercising?
I was also thinking about walking 30 minutes of my lunch to get some activity in as well.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Any chance you could get something done early in the morning, before work? Even 20-30 minutes is good - alternate days of weights/resistance stuff & cardio with a DVD, or do the weights each day, rotating areas of the body (Nike Training Club is a great free app with 15-45 minute workouts, many target arms, shoulders, legs, butt, etc), and still do the 30 minutes of walking at lunch for cardio?

I know you said you're exhausted after work, dinner, dishes, etc, so getting up earlier to workout probably doesn't appeal to you either, but I've found if I just get up and DO IT, it really kick starts my day, and didn't take long to become a habit. I don't work outside my home, but if I don't get my workouts done early, before my family is out of bed, they don't get done, so I'm up at 5am, working out by 5:15 most days, and it's all done before I take my kid to school.

A short workout is better than no workout, and it's amazing what you can pack into 15-30 minutes! :bigsmile:
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I work too and it boils down to making it a habit. I work out at home using DVD's. I do it 6 days a week for 45 min-1 hour. At first it was a drag, but once it became a habit I do it regardless of what mood I am in.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I didn't get good results until I added 30 minutes exercise, most days. I do it in the morning myself. But if you could fit in a brisk 20-30 minute walk at lunch, go for it.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercising, but it will be slower. Exercising will help to give you energy and I found that I just had to force myself to do it. Fit it in where ever you can, if you wait for the moment that you won't be tried or when it fits with your schedule you won't get it done. Just do it, you'll eventually be glad you did.