Is this too much for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    So I love eggs and toast. I only eat multigrain bread, but two slices of my favourite bread (Abbott's Country Grain) and two eggs comes to about 438 calories. Is this too many calories for breakfast, or does it not matter as long as I don't go over my calorie limit (1500)? I do exercise a fair bit (an hour most days on the stationary bike and sometimes Zumba) so is it alright to have this for brekky?

Not really, my breakfast today was 1000+ calories so you're doing fine. At the end of the day it's how much and what you eat that counts. the body can't store more than you intake.
  • Annie_ga
    Options
    Distribute your calories as you like. Nothing wrong with a big breakfast at all. But I would rather have an afternoon snack so I have to keep my egg breakfasts low cal. To do this I'll use 1 egg, some egg whites and a dollop of low fat cottage cheese for my scramble. You can always add a veggie too. 1 piece of multi grain toast and it's very satisfying to me. Good luck!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I always have two large eggs, some kind of bread, tea with milk, butter or jelly on the bread. The calories get up there but I need to eat. I just enter in the calories and go from there. I find that I need the fuel. I work out almost everyday, burning about 400 calories per day. On the day that I don't work out I have a little bit lighter breakfast.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If your daily goal is 1500 calories, then a 400ish calorie breakfast is perfect.