Feeling a lack of support

Options
13»

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I treat weight loss like a one person fight club. First rule is don't talk about it. Too many people are negative and others just don't get why I'm so "strict" with what I eat. Now that I'm down this much, I do talk about it some because people approach me and ask questions, but I pretty much never bring it up. I know that I'd get about the same reaction as you did from a lot of my family and a couple of friends and it's better for my mental health to just do what I do and take the compliments when they finally feel like giving them.
    I LOVE this.
    Most of my friends (incl. a few in RL that are on here) are great, but I was totally thrown when I spent a weekend with a friend (I switched to maintenance) and he proceeded to trash everything I was doing, even though I have lost half a stone.
    Of course... being a freelance writer and blogging about the whole journey means it's "out there"... but I've come to learn that my real friends loved me just as I was, and support my wanting to get fitter... and that's good enough for me!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    allow me to introduce me to a little phrase that i hope will help you to motivate yourself when everyone around you is being an *kitten*. it's easy to remember, just three words. ten letters, two spaces, two punctuation marks.

" I'LL SHOW YOU! "

laugh at me when i say i'll fit into something?
    -I'll show you!

think my brother's better at this weight loss thing than me?
    -i'll show you!

think i can't stick to my plan?
    -i'll show you!

eventually, 'showing you' becomes motivation in itself, and you'll find yourself more determined to do it because people didn't think you could.