Do you workout everyday?

Options

Replies

• valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    About 5 - 6 days a week, unless I have plans with friends ;) But even then, a minimum of 4? I try and work in a bit of exercise somewhere in my day.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yup, 7 days a week - unless I'm sick or something.

But I'm on MFP more for fitness reasons rather than weight loss reasons. I have specific fitness targets, which I've met, but now need to maintain.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I used to work out on weekdays and take the weekends off, but now, I work out unless something major has come up.

Even with visiting my dad in the hospital for the last 71 days and working 45 hour weeks nonstop, I've notched at least one workout per day on 67 of those days.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Good question, I tend to do cardio everyday 30-40 min and five days a week alt heavy lifting. upper one day lower the next etc. Is this good?
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I cut to 7% body fat working out 2 days/week.
    More than that is counterproductive... the body has limited capacity for recovery, especially on a sustained caloric deficit. Overtraining just results in wasting a bunch of time on half-assed workouts that don't accomplish anything. Work out HARD (resistance or resistance and HIIT) for ~2-3 hours/week on a cut, make sure your diet is squared away, and you can get whatever results you want.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    People assume more is better and they are wrong. I use to be like that, until I exactly did some research. Currently, I am a doing a 4 workout cycle. I take a day of rest between each workout, sometimes two days. Growth is made in recovery and not in the gym.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I used to workout 6 times a week with Monday as rest day but since I've been concentrating on intense heavy weight lifting so I cut it out to 4-5 days with Mondays, Thursdays as my rest days. But despite of that, I'm still losing fat & feel better than before. I agree with other posters, its not in the quantity of workouts but in the quality.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    4-5 times a week usually. Sometimes more, sometimes(rarely) less.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I do 3 or 4 hour workouts 5-6 days a week. If I worked out less than 2 hrs at a time I wouldn't need a rest day every week though. So I think what you are doing in your workouts has a lot to do with it. My workouts are very strenuous so I need to rest at least one day a week.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    No. I push myself pretty hard when strength training, and the next day I tend to be too sore even for cardio!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week with 1 day rest.
    But during my workouts I always do 1 hour of cardio and I either do upper body or lower body.
    I never do full body workouts in one day. That way I don't need as many rest days and my body still has time to recover.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    2-4x a week.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it's important to have a break and give your body to recuperate.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I normally do 4-5 but I don't beat myself up If I only manage 3 due to work or whatever.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I workout 4-5 days a week
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I try to do 60 mins of cardio 6 days a week, and strength training 2-3 times a week. Sunday is my rest day (but not for religious reasons. All my television stories are on and I work out in the evenings).
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I work out 4 or 5 times a week, a combination of personal training, gym on my own, spinning, zumba and aerobics. I have 2 small children and my husband does shift work, so I am a bit limited sometimes. I'd probably go around 6 times if I had more free time.
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I try and listen to my body. Depending on the intensity of my workouts I'll work out between 4-6 days a week. Lately it has been more like 4 or 5.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I do 3 or 4 hour workouts 5-6 days a week. If I worked out less than 2 hrs at a time I wouldn't need a rest day every week though. So I think what you are doing in your workouts has a lot to do with it. My workouts are very strenuous so I need to rest at least one day a week.
    3 or 4 hour workouts? Is this real life?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 hour workouts? Is this real life?

At first I thought it must be per week but reading that it seems she means that. That must be a truckload of cardio.
    Unless you really enjoy doing 3-4 hours of something or are a professional athlete and at 5-6 days a week, that is totally inefficient and not a good use of time. Talk to a good coach or a trainer and they can help you develop a program that will give you excellent results in a quarter of the time used. Your body needs rest to integrate the results of the effort.