snacks and Fruit

Options
are there any fruits i should stay away from? what is the best thing to eat during the day?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Stay away from starchy fruits like bananas and try to eat mostly berries since they're lower in sugar. Apples have a good amount of fiber so they're great for keeping you full.
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    Try to choose fruits that are low on the glycemic index and also high in fiber--strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, pears. The anjou pears are amazing this time of year! I love mangos, bananas and pinapple, but I would suggest eating these in moderation as they are higher on the glycemic index and can spike your sugar level.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I heart imported blueberries from Chile. They're more expensive because they are imported, but there is something about them that is irresistable. I swear, I spend about $30 a month in blue berries right now. Insane.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    "stay away from" and "fruit" should never belong in the same sentence. Seriously, all fruit is good for you. I eat a banana every day and I'm not fat, along with 2 other servings of fruit daily.

Fruit is good :)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    "stay away from" and "fruit" should never belong in the same sentence. Seriously, all fruit is good for you. I eat a banana every day and I'm not fat, along with 2 other servings of fruit daily.

This. I get about five to six servings of fruit a day, including bananas, and it has not hindered my weight loss in any way.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree. Fruit is good. During the summer, I ate watermelon every day because it was fresh, available, and I just love it, and I lost more weight than at any other time during the year. Even those sugary fruits contain good things. Watermelon, for example, contains things like L-arganine which is awesome for metabolism.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

This. I get about five to six servings of fruit a day, including bananas, and it has not hindered my weight loss in any way.

Same here. Whenever I feel the urge to snack, I grab tangerines, a banana, etc. I asked my trainer about fruits to stay away from as well, and his answer was never stay away from fruit. Even if you go over your sugar for the day, if it is from natural sugar like that in fruit, it is way better than a candy bar!!
  • kamp150
    kamp150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, that helped alot