Patience???

rosalie_g
rosalie_g Posts: 71
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have never had much patience in any aspect of my life and in weight loss it is no different. I am no stranger to dieting and this is my millionth attempt BUT I finally realized what my biggest hurdle is in all of this. I want to lose this weight overnight.

I want to be thin NOW. I have no problem with self control and find that I am quite driven and motivated to do this. I am worried though that I will lose patience with the whole process because the weight is so slow to come off.

I am as commited to this life change as I am ever going to get. I am 28, almost 29 and have had all the children I will ever have in my lifetime and I am just tired of being overweight. I am tired of buying fat lady clothes and feeling like crap. I want this so bad!

Does anybody know where I'm coming from. Does anybody else struggle with the patience aspect of weight loss and if you do how do you cope? What keeps you from throwing in the towel when things get rough?

Replies

• jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    I very much know where you are coming from. I have cried a million tears to my husband, saying that I don't feel like anything I do helps and he always tells me that I look amazing and (more on topic) that "Rome wasn't built in a day, you didn't put the weight on in a day. It's going to take just as long to come off as it did to get put on. Keep working hard."

We're all here for you if you get frustrated!!
  • I very much know where you are coming from. I have cried a million tears to my husband, saying that I don't feel like anything I do helps and he always tells me that I look amazing and (more on topic) that "Rome wasn't built in a day, you didn't put the weight on in a day. It's going to take just as long to come off as it did to get put on. Keep working hard."

We're all here for you if you get frustrated!!

Thanks, I'm not quite to the "frustrated to point of quitting" but it seems almost inevitable that I will wake up one day at that point. I just wanna be ready for it lol I have never talked to myself more than I have since I began this journey haha
This discussion has been closed.