Hard time getting started

Options
Hello everybody,

I'm new to myfitnesspal. I've tried a lot of different programs and sites, and in the end...my willpower and emotional eating (not to mention the fact that my birth control leaves me always hungry) have made it very hard to get started with good habits. I'm hoping to make some friends here to help me on my journey.

I'm a French teacher, so I love French language and culture. I play in a drum and bugle corps which is a lot of fun. I enjoy all things Lord of the Rings, being a fan of the novel since I was 14. I'm married to a wonderful man. I guess that's the basics. Tell me about yourselves. I welcome encouraging words to get started.

-D.

Replies

• nudenut9
    nudenut9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome,ya came to the right place..
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I, too, had tried a lot of different sites and programs and always ended up losing to my own willpower and emotional eating. I will be glad to be your friend because MFP has been THE one thing that has stuck like glue and worked for me.

I am a Real Estate Agent, but I have a degree in Music performance (Vocal and Piano). Music soothes me and I always have it in my ears as I workout. I have recently started running again and training for some upcoming 5K races.

~ Renae
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    Hi Danielle,
    I'm about 1 month new to MFP. I love it. I lost 20 pounds last year and fell off. I am back on now and plan to stay there. Currently 24 pounds down (14 before MFP) and looking to drop 20 more. My advice is to eat healthy and often. I starved myself when I first started and hit a wall. No weight loss for weeks and was working my butt off. Upped the calories and started seeing results again.
    Getting started is the hardest part. So your well on your way to healthier happier you. Good luck!