Weight gain?!

Options
getting very frustrated right now. had workout organised by instructor and 2 weeks in, so far ive gained 2lbs and my fat % has increased by 2%. guessing im eating to much despite my net kcals being below maintainance each day! or is it actually muscle? HELP!

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Is the info on your profile wrong? It shows you are trying to gain weight, so I am confused by your post. You look incredibly thin in your photo already.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Fat % as measured how? Bio electric machines rely on water, so if it is water weight (which is completely possible if this is a more intense program) that will effect your measure.

I gained 5 lb when I started crossfit from water weight... And since I do it daily, the water weight never dropped off... I just had to re-lose those 5 lb... But I look better now at the same weight than before crossfit :)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    2 lbs of muscle in 2 weeks ,,,, impossible, but lifting heavy will hold more water in your muscles I would not weigh in very often and when you do maybe do it the morning after a rest day,,, use the mirror and pictures to see results not your scale ;-)