Paleo Diet works for me

Options
Ok, I feel as though I should post this since there are so many different ways of going about one's diet out there. I have been on the Paleo diet before and didn't really follow it to its full potential. But I recently started again and have noticed some noticeable changes. Let me start by saying that it was only hard the first week, once you get in the mind set and know what you can and cannot eat, this is the easiest diet to follow. I feel as though I am not restricting myself of anything that I need, and I'm always satisfied. One other major change that I have noticed is my energy levels have gone way up, and I am also getting more rest at night. Another change that I have noticed is my endurance, it takes longer for me to hit that lactic acid threshold, and recovery has improved as well. I feel as if this is a lifestyle and not a diet. One thing that I must mention is how I feel after I eat compared to how I felt before I started this diet. Since it cuts out processed foods, it seems as though my body is not working as hard to digest the food. I'm sure most of you have felt that tired feeling right after lunch or dinner, well, that has not happened to me since I started this. I'm not going to lie to you, it does take some time to get used to it. The hardest thing for me was cutting dairy and grains. But, there are some exceptions to this diet that allow you to eat those things and thats prior to or after exercise. Not sure what else I can write other than look into to it and try it for at least 2 weeks. If you have any questions let me know.

Replies

• atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have been solid 2 weeks now and have never felt better ! my face is clearer, my tummy is flat, my bm (tmi ) are more regular lol... I am hardly ever hungry and just can't believe how easy it has been!! I can't imagine going back... I promised myself to give it 100% for 30 days , but i know this will be a part of my life
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I can not eat that way and do better with eating whole foods including beans and grains. This is why I can't stress enough that what works for one may not work for another. I am truly glad you found something that works for you and I hope everyone on MFP can eventually find their groove!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    What? This thread has been up for hours and no one has bashed it yet as a fad diet and the people who follow it are deluded? Amazing.

Nice job, OP. Glad you are seeing results. Join the Paleo/Primal group here! We have a great group.