Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't wait!!!!
  • drlaurafsu
    drlaurafsu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have ordered it but won't be starting until after the first of the year...holidays in Paris first! I will be watching some and trying some of the workouts before we go though.

I've been wanting a program like this so was very happy to see this become available. Have done Insanity but its been a while and a shoulder surgery ago. Need to get serious about kicking up the fitness and finally getting the weight off for good. Had lost nearly 40 lbs but injuries/surgery had me put about 25 back on. Have lost 5+ of that using my fitbit and myfitnesspal but without some hardcore exercise I have trouble with plateaus.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I have ordered it but won't be starting until after the first of the year...holidays in Paris first! I will be watching some and trying some of the workouts before we go though.

I've been wanting a program like this so was very happy to see this become available. Have done Insanity but its been a while and a shoulder surgery ago. Need to get serious about kicking up the fitness and finally getting the weight off for good. Had lost nearly 40 lbs but injuries/surgery had me put about 25 back on. Have lost 5+ of that using my fitbit and myfitnesspal but without some hardcore exercise I have trouble with plateaus.

You sound exactly like me! I think I'm going to hold off starting the challenge until after the first of the year to ensure that everyone has a chance to get their program delivered. In the meantime, as soon as mine arrives, I'm going to give some of the workouts a try just to familiarize myself with them. I'll announce an official start date soon so you won't miss out on joining us if you're interested!
  • drlaurafsu
    Options
    Sounds good! Definitely count me in. The 60 days may take me a little longer than 60 days...but I am going to start with the basic program which has 2 rest days a week (one will be the day I go see my trainer) so hopefully that will give me a good balance.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Sounds good! Definitely count me in. The 60 days may take me a little longer than 60 days...but I am going to start with the basic program which has 2 rest days a week (one will be the day I go see my trainer) so hopefully that will give me a good balance.

The best thing I learned from Insanity is that this isn't a race. There is no finish line so if it takes longer than you expected to complete a program then so be it. I'm just glad we'll be going through Combat together! Since I still don't have my kit yet I have no feel for which of the schedule options I'll do but I can't wait to figure it out!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I've decided the challenge will officially kick off on January 7!
  • cjsanford63
    cjsanford63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Uh Oh, I will be 1/2 way thru by then. I think you are going to like it. I'm having so much fun!
  • telcochik
    Options

Uh Oh, I will be 1/2 way thru by then. I think you are going to like it. I'm having so much fun!

Make sure you come by and post anyway. it will be nice to know what's on the horizon for us to look forward to.
  • drlaurafsu
    Options
    New to the boards here...where will I find the challenge group? Will it be a new thread on this board or is there someplace else I need to look for it?

And yes...I learned the same thing from Insanity its really about the process rather than the schedule, even if it takes a little longer to finish you have to make it work for you and your lifestyle. If you get so stressed out about missing a couple of workouts that you quit because you won't finish in 60 days...then you are worse off than taking a few extra days to complete the program.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mine should be here any day now! Can't wait!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Mine should be here today if the tracking is right! I cant wait to start either!!
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I would love to join in but it will have to be later in 2013 for me as I'm a BODY COMBAT instructor in training at my local gym right now, so I'm already there all week long! But I'd love to see what you guys think of the DVDs :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I got mine - I started right away, I'm waiting for an MRI on Friday - Dr. May take me off any impact sports, so I may have to do something modified, or not at all Until I officially get word from the Dr, I'm doing P90X2 strength Phase 2 and LM Combat each AM.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I got mine - I started right away, I'm waiting for an MRI on Friday - Dr. May take me off any impact sports, so I may have to do something modified, or not at all Until I officially get word from the Dr, I'm doing P90X2 strength Phase 2 and LM Combat each AM.

I tweaked my knee during my 2nd round of Insanity so I've been trying to work out with modifications thrown in so I don't jump so much anymore. I'm hoping Combat won't be so high impact that I can't do it but I just received mine yesterday so I haven't had a chance to preview any of the workouts.
  • telcochik
    Options
    New to the boards here...where will I find the challenge group? Will it be a new thread on this board or is there someplace else I need to look for it?

And yes...I learned the same thing from Insanity its really about the process rather than the schedule, even if it takes a little longer to finish you have to make it work for you and your lifestyle. If you get so stressed out about missing a couple of workouts that you quit because you won't finish in 60 days...then you are worse off than taking a few extra days to complete the program.

This is the challenge group thread so you'll be posting here. I'll be posting the rules here once I have a chance to put it together so stay tuned.
  • berlys
    berlys Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity and weight lifting, but pre ordered the Les Mills combat and waiting. I'm enjoying Insanity for once, so I may just do them both throughout the week, once I get the Les Mills dvd's. I will still lift 3 nights a week, but am really excited for the Les Mills combat.
  • cjsanford63
    cjsanford63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I tweaked my knee during my 2nd round of Insanity so I've been trying to work out with modifications thrown in so I don't jump so much anymore. I'm hoping Combat won't be so high impact that I can't do it but I just received mine yesterday so I haven't had a chance to preview any of the workouts.

They have a lady in each video who does a low/non impact version of the foot work. And, they very kindly show her often. I've developed tendontis in one of my ankles and have moved over to her moves a couple of times this week. You still have the intensity, without being so hard on the joints.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Woo Hoo for the modifier!!! That's great news.
  • drlaurafsu
    Options
    This is the challenge group thread so you'll be posting here. I'll be posting the rules here once I have a chance to put it together so stay tuned.

Does it make more sense to start a group...that way the group shows up under your groups once you join? I'm already having a hard time finding this thread...today was on page 5!
  • telcochik
    Options

Does it make more sense to start a group...that way the group shows up under your groups once you join? I'm already having a hard time finding this thread...today was on page 5!

THAT'S a great idea! I have to figure out how to do it but I'll announce it as soon as the group is established! Thank you!!!! :heart: