Looking to get rid of the excuses

Options
I have a ten week old and a three year old home with me and my husband is military and gone a lot. Every time I seem to start something like a work out video somebody needs something. I feel like there is no time and I want to work out. I need some suggestions about how I can fit in working out around very needy children. Please help!

Replies

• dianacrum
    Options
    Try working out when they are sleeping.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine how difficult this must be. I dont even have children and my motivation is horrible. You could try including them somehow. I used to lay on my back and hold my nephew, I would lift him up and down and it would definitely work my arms. You can lay them on the ground and do push ups above them and maybe make silly faces or give them kisses on each push up to keep them involved. Dancing is another great way to work your body and have fun and your children can stay involved too :)
  • becky210
    becky210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to work out when they are sleeping but they never seem to be sleeping at the same time except at 4am which I have considered but it would make for a very long day. The dancing thing could work. Maybe I can do a ten minute dance party a few times a day. I'll try anything.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    walk
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    Some gyms have day care centers, maybe look into one of those? Do you have family nearby or a friend that could watch them while you workout?
  • becky210
    becky210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    no family and not many close friends here and those gyms are way out side of the budget. I wish! gym time would be welcome break from the chaos.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had just thought, have you heard of Zumba? I have heard so many great things and you can buy a cd and the kids can join too. Its dance oriented and apparently its an awesome work out :)