I eat Potatoes... for breakfast...

Options
13»

Replies

• cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    If you folks like potatoes and sweet potatoes, there's another potato-like option out there- Taro! It's not available everywhere, and you have to be careful when preparing them...but they're delicious...just like a potato but with a nuttier flavor. The husk is not edible...They have to be cooked thoroughly, otherwise there's a mineral/element in them that irritates the skin/stomach/etc. Cooking them 'deactivates' this. I like stewing them, or making Poi....just saying. :D You can usually find them in Asian markets or large natural foods stores.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    LOVE em!

when I was living in Korea, they had winter street vendors who would have carts of hot baked sweet potatoes, so it was a double bonus, hands warmed and sweet potato goodness:happy:

This sounds so delicious. I have to buy a sweet potato today so I can bake it up.
  • mizkoukla
    Options
    I also wanted to point out a DELICIOUS recipe. (Of course its delicious... there are POTATOES IN IT!)

3 Large Yellow Potatoes
    5 or 6 Red Potatoes
    2 or 3 Sweet Potatoes
    1 or 2 Medium sized Vidalia Onions
    a small bag of baby carrots
    1/4 cup of Olive oil (or as much as it takes lightly coat all the veggies) I also suggest using a Misto.
    Salt and Pepper (and other spices you like) to taste

Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees.
    Cut up veggies to desired size, (I usually try to get to steak fry size potatoes)
    Either coat with oil then put a single layer in shallow baking pan or spread out evenly in a shallow baking pan and spray with Misto.
    Bake til browned, about 30-45 minutes

Yummy Roasted Root Veggies!

NOM NOM

Also good for leftovers into omelettes in the morning!
  • mizkoukla
    Options
    mmmm..... potatoes

tumblr_medmdclZCF1qehgb5o2_500.gif

I think I love you.... <3
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I had half a baked potato diced and stirred into my eggs as I scrambled them this morning! YUMMY!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I really do. I love potatoes and I always feel overfull when I have one or two. I don't load it with a ton of butter or anything but I do have lots of black pepper and powdered garlic and I keep the skin on. I once ate 2 potatoes every morning for breakfast for a month and lost 7 lbs from doing nothing different but that. I just really like potatoes. I know its a strange obsession to have but they aren't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be. As long as you aren't loading it with lots of crazy things, I have never had an issue when I had more potato products in my life. (No I dont mean french fries and potato chips.) Actually... I dont think Ive had a potato chip in over 2 months. Hmm. Interesting.

Yes Im rambling.

>_<

Smashing idea, love!

FJAD865FBVHEBAV.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    potato-love.jpg

Had mashed last night with meatloaf and will be having au gratin tonight with leftovers.
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    Potatoes are awesome! Glad to see there are others who aren't scared off of whole natural plant based food because some yahoo said it has carbs.

Plant based potatoes are my favorite type of potatoes.
    ahahahahah yes.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I do love potatoes; I just don't eat a lot of them...no particular reason.