Office Gifts

Options
wolverine66
wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
I got promoted this year (hooray, but that's not the point) and am in a new office with 6 other people who are in similar positions and we work as a "team."

anyway, i need to get them all a gift. obviously nothing huge (<$20 probably), but a little token to say "thanks for welcoming me, and teaching me the ropes." or something like that.

so what office gifts have you ever received, or given? Did you like it or hate it? (knowledge of what is a bad gift is equally valuable)

Replies

• awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You could get them like a $25 gift card for a restaurant. That's always my fall back gift.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Membership to the Jelly of The Month Club..
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Membership to the Jelly of The Month Club..

That is the gift that keeps on giving the whole year 'round
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my office gets a Christmas tin full of cookies or homemade Christmas candy... cheap and will probably get eaten... as opposed to a gift that they won't use... If you wanted to go more high class than that... gift cards are always good.... Or flowers if it is other girls in your office.

If you have the time and are creative enough... You could make them letter art signs that spell out their last name, or say Christmas or something of the like... Sure it took me a little time to take and edit the pictures... but I can make them for about $2.50 each... and sell them on etsy for $25 each... Here's my website and etsy site for examples: website - www.whatsyourstoryphotography.weebly.com, Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/105910149/custom-letter-art-signs

Best of luck!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    A gift card to a local coffee shop with a nice mug? Even if people don't drink coffee, there are always snacks and tea options. Big Lots or Family Dollar usually have mugs for cheap (I should remember if your town had those stores...but really have no idea haha)
  • wolverine66
    Options
    A gift card to a local coffee shop with a nice mug? Even if people don't drink coffee, there are always snacks and tea options. Big Lots or Family Dollar usually have mugs for cheap (I should remember if your town had those stores...but really have no idea haha)

We have both!

I am a fan of Big Lots.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Big Lots also has prepacked gifts with mug, hot chocolate or tea/coffee variations. I think they are 10-15.00 each, and appear to be pretty nice. I sure do love that store :)

I once received a nice tumbler with lid and had a coffee shop gift card inside for 10.00.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    My wife took advantage of Lowes's $0.99 Black Friday Poinsettias and got everyone in her office area one of those. A little edible gift set? Cheeses w/ crackers or similar?

JM
  • wolverine66
    Options
    My wife took advantage of Lowes's $0.99 Black Friday Poinsettias and got everyone in her office area one of those. A little edible gift set? Cheeses w/ crackers or similar?

JM

That's a good thought, too. I bet Hickory Farms has set up shop in the mall. And who doesn't like a little beef stick? (that sounds dirty, but it's not).
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

JM

That's a good thought, too. I bet Hickory Farms has set up shop in the mall. And who doesn't like a little beef stick? (that sounds dirty, but it's not).

Yes it does! "Hey, wanna try my beefstick?" Is probably not the best conversation starter in the office!

JM