No appetite!!

Options
On friday I started to drink Green Tea - my husband always goes on at me about the benefits. On Sunday I completely lost my appetite - thought it wouldn't last but it is now Thursday and I still have no appetite!

I have always had to save 200-300 calories for the evening for my "evening munchies", but since Sunday I have ate no evening snacks. I lost a shed load of weight before I had my kids, but even then I have never been free of the munchies.

The only thing I can put it down to is the Green Tea. I have read that it can stablise your blood sugar levels, so maybe thats it??

Has anyone else had a similar experience or anyone want to try it and let me know how you get on???

Replies

• jojom
    jojom Posts: 20
    Options
    On friday I started to drink Green Tea - my husband always goes on at me about the benefits. On Sunday I completely lost my appetite - thought it wouldn't last but it is now Thursday and I still have no appetite!

I have always had to save 200-300 calories for the evening for my "evening munchies", but since Sunday I have ate no evening snacks. I lost a shed load of weight before I had my kids, but even then I have never been free of the munchies.

The only thing I can put it down to is the Green Tea. I have read that it can stablise your blood sugar levels, so maybe thats it??

Has anyone else had a similar experience or anyone want to try it and let me know how you get on???
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...what kind of green tea are you drinking? I have found that Salada makes a good tea and it is infused with blueberries and grape skins for antioxidants. It is also decaf which I like at night.

Kell
  • jojom
    jojom Posts: 20
    Options
    This is pure green tea and you get it in a tea bag form - you can find it in all supermarkets, usually with the herbal teas. I think you can get a decaf version, but the caffeine levels in green tea is lower than normal tea, so I haven't worried about this. Plus a small amount of caffeine is good for boosting metabolism I have read.
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have really great experience with green tea. I drink a small pot of it in the morning and it makes me feel much better than coffee. I do agree with having less "munchies", and I guess what you mention about stabalizing the blood sugar level makes sense. The only thing is you have to get used to the taste. They told me in the tea shop where I bought it that it is important not to let it steap (is that the correct word?) for more than 2 minutes or the taste gets very bitter.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Yes, green tea has that effect on me too, but not as much (although i wish it did ! ) normaly have 1 tea in the evening before i start eating my evening snacks, and that keeps me going for a little while longuer. i bought white tea with strawberry flavor today. wonder is its as good !?? anyways will know tonight !

may
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've never tried white tea but I have tried red tea. I like that too.