Newbie... healthy eating and couch25k!

Options
Hi,

I am just starting out with fitnesspal today although I have been calorie counting since last month and lost 7lbs so far!

I hope to be a familiar face around the place and to be able to offer some good advice where needed :)

As of Monday I will be starting the couch25k plan so anyone who has done it or is doing it please feel free to offer me some tips/advice to make the most of it!

Kirsty x

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hi Kirsty and welcome.

I started the C25K about two months ago. When I first started out, I thought there would be no way I would ever be able to run 2.5 miles straight, and was content with staying at my 3 min/5 min intervals. But one day, I started listening to music and without noticing had run for 10 minutes straight. Then I slowly increased it to where I have been able to run the whole 5 k, and now am just improving my time. So it does work. I wish you lots of success on it!

Great job on the calorie counting. This site will help ALOT. Don't forget to include at least some of your exercise calories in your daily intake as your body will need them and still you will lose weight :)
  • chocolatecat
    Options
    thanks lullabelle :)

can't wait to get started!!