Going to Red Lobster Tomorrow, any tips on what i should get

Options
I intend to work out like crazy to earn at least one of those cheddar biscuits. I'm unsure of their calories though. (and fat, sigh). I see that the canadian website has a lighthouse menu up with a few things that are deemed healthy (fish mostly) but was wondering where i could find the rest of the canadian nutritional info or if i'm blind and its right there. I don't know if i want to all out cheat or just have a biscuit. I hate to spend all that money just to eat healthy and it is the last time we will eat out for a few months. Any thoughts?

An aside: I wasn't eating enough last week, and gained 1.5 last weekend just by having a few extra things but not really over in calories. Sooo, I am finally down two pounds as of today. I don't want to lose that already :(

Replies

• weebles
    Options
    Check this out and you can find the restaurant and what they serve with nutritional info.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    No offense intended, but DWLZ has a whole lot of inaccurate information. I usually google and find a couple sources of NI for something and compare them. Here is the NI I found for the cheddar biscuit:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 biscuit

Amount per Serving

Calories 150 Calories from Fat 51

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 8g 12%
    Saturated Fat 2.5g 12%
    Sodium 350mg 15%
    Total Carbohydrate 16g 5%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Protein 0%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 48.0% Carbs 42.7%
    Protein 0.0%
  • jadenfox
    jadenfox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    red lobster can be ok. The bisquits are in the database, I think they have 150-180 calories and 5 grams of fat.

I love red lobster.

As a rule, I get the wood grilled shrimp skewers (2) with herb butter on the side, rice pilaf and broccoli. Get the garden salad with balsamic on the side (no cheese or egg- some use them, some dont). Shrimp is low calorie!!!

Hint- they have a great website and you can view the entire menus calories. Most things are in the database too- just type in red loster and poke around, build a meal!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i went to an oyster bar and had grilled salmon it was good/ i asked this question a couple of days ago and the replys i got were salmon or maybe talapis grilled have your veggies and salad i always ask for dressing on the side i like ranch but i don't like my salad swimming in it and thats what most places do. but think veggies any fish grilled and of course salad/ and may i add good luck bc i love there biscuits/ we actually got a gift card to red lobster for our anniversary last week. and i have not gone im trying to do no bread for two weeks other than orowheat multi grain flat bread/
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. The shrimps on a skewer sound more interesting than just fish :) I will poke around!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,603 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to "Nutrition Facts – Red Lobster": http://www.redlobster.com/health/nutrition/light_house.asp
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I usually order the shrimp skewers too. The scampi isn't bad IF you try to get as much butter off of it as you can.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, fish, lobster, crab legs. Just about all seafood is way-light as long as you don't dip it in batter and deep fry it or drown iit in some creamy sauce. The real danger at these places is the fried stuff and the sides & sauces. Just go grilled or steamed anything and you'll be fine.

And watch them biscuits,,, they're little gut bombs.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That's why I want just one biscuit but wanted to know the calories/fat so i could work out extra!
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    don't ever think of "wasting" money as eating healthy - look at it the right way - remember: diet's don't work - but lifestyle changes do - one biscuit isn't going to ruin you - but think of a trade off - like doing salad instead of a pasta or rice something as a trade-off for that oh so yummy biscuit - another though - make sure you drink plenty of water with your meal - this will help also -
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,603 Member
    Options
    Cheddar Bay Biscuit

Calories: 150
    Fat: 8 grams
    Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams
    Sodium: 350 mg
    Carbs: 16 grams

You can download a PDF that gives nutrition facts for their entire menu. What's odd is that they don't give you protein info.
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I would make sure you do not go hungry! So that when the cheddar biscuts are placed in front of you, you dont want to eat all of them. Before I go out to eat I try to have a light snack that I know will keep me full, such as some veggies. And eat slow. Put your fork down between bites and chat with who ever you are going to dinner with. And if there is any sauce, get it on the side, that always saves some calories!