DIET MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS

Options
So... I have a vision board, weight loss jars, and
I wrote motivational quotes all over my scale...and there are motivational post it notes all over my house.

Honestly they help soooooo much in keeping me on track.
I go to snack..and there is a little sign reminding me "If hunger isn't the problem, then eating isn't the solution" and I stop myself.
Or I weigh and my scale ALWAYS puts a smile on my face.
I used my weight loss jars the first time this morning and it made my day.

WHAT DIET MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS DO YOU GUYS USE??

I think I am addicted to them now :bigsmile:

Replies

• bachoat
    Options
    What is a weight loss jar?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I love your scale picture, I think I might do that to mine too!! What did you use, just sharpie? ... does it come off when your feet are wet?? LOL

I have the jars... have had them for almost a year now and they are great if you keep up with them!
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Jars that show "Weight to Lose" and "Weight Loss"
    and you fill them with the # of beads representing how many
    lbs you have to lose. As you lose weight you move the beads to the
    "Weight Loss" jar.

Hope this helps :)
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    I love your scale picture, I think I might do that to mine too!! What did you use, just sharpie? ... does it come off when your feet are wet?? LOL

I have the jars... have had them for almost a year now and they are great if you keep up with them!

I used a sharpie.
    It gradually fades, however if you sealed it, it wont.
    I LOVE MY SCALE!!!! :)
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    I think your motivation tools are all such great ideas!! I would love to put those around my house, but I am sure that my huuby would be like what the heck lol. I really liked your pic of your scale too :) A motivation tool I do try to use is I have this one shirt I would love to wear when I reach goal. It was bought for me 5 years ago and it never fit. Its a simple Billabong long sleeve tee. Nothing special, just casual. But I still love it and I can picture myself wearing it with cute jeans. So its the first thing I always see when I go into my closet.

But I think i might be stealing one of your jar ideas I saw on your page. I think I will put a jar on top of my pantry or on my fridge and put a toonie in there for every lb I lose. so by the time I reach goal that could be about 140.00. Maybe 4.00 a lb??? LOL. Great Post and so happy you have found some motivation to keep ya going :flowerforyou:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    LOL... I wish I could afford to bribe myself with money right now :)
    I guess i am in a way though... if I reach my goal by my bday I am asking for only gift cards to buy clothes.

I love my scale soo much and it was really fun to do :)

Thanks Girl!!!!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This may seem corny, but i love reading about nutrition and exercise. So, when I am experiencing low willpower I like to take out one of my books and start reading - it always reminds me why i'm eating healthfully and working out. I keep all my health and fitness books on my kindle so i can read them wherever i am - you can even read them on your computer.
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    LOL... I wish I could afford to bribe myself with money right now :)
    I guess i am in a way though... if I reach my goal by my bday I am asking for only gift cards to buy clothes.

I love my scale soo much and it was really fun to do :)

Thanks Girl!!!!

I can't afford it either LOL. But I can admit I am cheap, so money motivates me :happy:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    "Weight Loss" jar.

I really like this idea :)
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't use any... but will have to take some pointers from here. Good ideas!!!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    "Weight Loss" jar.

love this idea
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    i want a weightloss jar!! eeee!

im going to make one. i DO put motivational posters and hand made signs all over my house actually :) i think it helps
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Awesome posts ladies!!!!
  • deeangela1
    Options
    Kind of proud of myself; I have decided to get some help by coming to this site. I've lost a few pounds just by checking in and reading these tools. Thanks to all of you; Im gonna need your support and I will give you mine too.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I used the weight loss jar idea! Love it. I'd heard of it before, but you inspired me. Thank you x

67807_10200141941211685_506075662_n.jpg

Feel free to share! Hope this inspires someone else :)
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Kind of proud of myself; I have decided to get some help by coming to this site. I've lost a few pounds just by checking in and reading these tools. Thanks to all of you; Im gonna need your support and I will give you mine too.
    You should be proud of yourself!!!