Just joined this morning

Hello, everyone! I'm a 45 (YIKES!) year old mom looking to finally lose that baby weight - considering that the baby is now 11 years old, it's about time. I took it all off really easily after the first two, but something changed in my metabolism and probably in my habits,too, about the time the third child was born. Now I am at my heaviest - never been above this weight - and really need to focus in on taking it off.

I plan to use the food tracker at least daily, if not after every meal. I also started running just about a year and a half ago - did my first 5K this year, but nothing really since then. My goal is to re-train myself and run a 10 mile race next September - so I'll need to do a couple 5k and 10k runs along the way. I have to maintain a 16 minute per mile pace for the whole race to run the one I want to do, so I'll need to pick up my speed some as I currently run an 18 minute mile - slow, but I've NEVER - even in my teens - been able to run due to exercise induced asthma. However, I found a walk-to-run program that really helped, and now just have to pick up the speed and distance.

In training and managing my nutrition, I hope to lose 35 pounds prior to the race - I have plenty of time to do that, so I need to stay focused and hope some of you can help me along the way. I actually started the journey yesterday, just didn't find this resource until today. 2 of my 3 daughters (my 18 yo and my 11yo) plan to train with me - I think the 15yo thinks we're crazy. They're all in very good condition, so I expect them to be about an hour ahead of me on the run, lol - but we're all excited about earning the matching medals and shirts for completing the run.

My ultimate goal is to lose about 80 pounds. If I can get 1/2 way there for the 10 mile run and keep triaining for a 1/2 marathon that takes place about 4 months later, I should be well on my way.

Replies