Do you feel skinny even with the extra skin?

Options

Replies

• tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I not only have that problem I also have saggy thigh skin :( I know this wont make you feel any better but you have AWESOME legs! At least you dont have both problems :)

Thank you! I too have some inner thigh flab still but i am working on it & its the least of my worries. Some heavy lifting will fix that :) My main concerns are tummy, toosh, & somewhat thighs...The rest i want to lift heavy and tone and itll all fall into place
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    wow 80 lbs is a huge accomplishment ! congrats. I can't relate because my HW is 150 and my ugw is 125. Is surgery an option? I wouldn't want surgery but what are your options to get rid of the skin?

Surgery would be an option if i had the money, but i dont. So i need to do anything in my power to make it better through exercise, my diet & some lotion until maybe one day i have $
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am down 117 and have quite a few more to go and I am noticing my skin (especially my stomach) looks kinda bad. I guess it's a "give and take" sort of situation...though it does suck. I hope to continue to tone up some....oh brother do I hope! :ohwell:
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could all get a group discount on tummy tucks... I need one for the flappy arm thing too!

me, too!
  • cindaroses
    Options
    Your body shape is just like mine. I haven't lost enough weight to know how my skin will look. You look awesome though!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am 60, started MFP and 'boot camp" in March. I started at 220#, now down to about 195. I look and feel worlds different, but as you show, I, too, have a layer of loose skin just hanging there at my waist. Hoefully, it will eventually shape up as well. 10# to goal weight. Let us know if you figure out how to lose that skin. You look great. Keep it up.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I, too have loose skin and I'm less than halfway there. With the stretch marks it looks like my stomach, boobs, backs of my knees and under my arms are covered in flappy pasty pink tree bark. I'm hopeful that future vigorous application of dermarolling, dry brushing, using a rubber roller, massage with those wooden nubbin things and the longer term effects of weight lifting and binding it up in elastic will take care of it. I keep thinking that causing tiny bits of damage to the skin like from dermarolling and massage and increasing lymph and blood flow should help at least. It'll be a while for me, but I will report back positive or negative. I wish you luck. It's no fun feeling floppy.
  • Gwilson939
    Gwilson939 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've read that if you take plenty of Omega 's and perhaps Omega 6's, then it will enable your skin to get it's elasticity back. I have a frind who was the director for the Zone Diet and he used to have plastic surgeons refer people to him to lose the weight, then they would go back to the doctor for the skin removal surgery (can't remember what that's called), but after he put them on high doses of the Omegas while they lost the weight, they never had to go back to the plastic surgeon for the tummy tuck surgery. Eventually they stopped referring people to him as it was cutting into their business.. My doctor who is monitoring my weight loss says that the Omegas are not harmful in the higher doses, as any extra that is not used by the body will just be expelled as you go to the bathroom. It's the vitamin A and D that is toxic in higher doses. So I say, Hey! What can it hurt and you can get a BIG bottle of it at Costco for cheap! I'll let you know how it does.. I've lost 5 lbs, although my doctor says it's more like 65, and although I have some saggy skin, I suspect that it could be worse without the Omegas that I try to remember to take, although I'm not 100 %, plus I have taken to rubbing coconut oil into my problem areas.. Another thing that cannot hurt.
  • meyerstwilight6
    meyerstwilight6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So here is the thing..I've been told any "loose skin" that you can pinch is still a bit of fat that needs to be worked on. Skin is very thin, consider the skin on the back of your hand or eyelids. I completely understand how you feel though. I had a baby 10 months ago and I have exactly what you've illustrated. I know I definitely need to keep plugging away at it! Good luck hun, you look amazing though. I wouldn't let it deter you.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Ok first of all...I sooo understand. I have a bigger hanging skin flap than you and I get it...I look in the mirror and only see fat. Even though everyone else says I look great.

It doesn't matter that they say it....they don't see me naked. I cover up good. I want to look in the mirror and think I look ok. Not even hoping for awesome...just ok. After losing 130 pounds, I wanna feel NOT fat.

Here's the deal....yes, it is true that JUST skin is only millimeters thick. However the fat deposits behind the skin in the belly area are extremely stubborn. My doctor said she wants to see me maintain, or at MAXIMUM lose 20 pounds. This would leave me with a healthy amount of body fat. The fat in my skin roll is not going away. I am losing body fat from elsewhere first. So it is unrealistic that the fat in the skin roll would ever be completely gone unless my body fat were below 10-15%. Pretty much unattainable for unathletic me.

Now I have basically zero fat left inside my abdominal muscles...it's all attached to the skin roll. The only way to get rid of it is with surgery. Which I have decided to do in January. I need to feel ok with myself. My flabby skin on my arms and chin...oh well...I don't expect to be perfect. But this roll off my belly is holding up the whole show!

Edited to add a photo....gross but maybe helpful?

photo-001.jpg

And here's me...with clothes...(middle)...not bad, right? Except all I see is the fat skin roll hanging out under the bottom of my shirt and I wanna cry.

IMG_2379-001.jpg
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think Gwilson939 is on to something here....

Here's a couple interesting articles on how to reduce saggy skin. Try this out..and be patient. :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/488298-nutrients-for-sagging-skin/

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Tighten-Sagging-Skin&id=1931495
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    Thanks sooo much for all the great info everyone!!!!
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    I think Gwilson939 is on to something here....

Here's a couple interesting articles on how to reduce saggy skin. Try this out..and be patient. :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/488298-nutrients-for-sagging-skin/

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Tighten-Sagging-Skin&id=1931495

Ill take a look! Thank u!
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    I've read that if you take plenty of Omega 's and perhaps Omega 6's, then it will enable your skin to get it's elasticity back. I have a frind who was the director for the Zone Diet and he used to have plastic surgeons refer people to him to lose the weight, then they would go back to the doctor for the skin removal surgery (can't remember what that's called), but after he put them on high doses of the Omegas while they lost the weight, they never had to go back to the plastic surgeon for the tummy tuck surgery. Eventually they stopped referring people to him as it was cutting into their business.. My doctor who is monitoring my weight loss says that the Omegas are not harmful in the higher doses, as any extra that is not used by the body will just be expelled as you go to the bathroom. It's the vitamin A and D that is toxic in higher doses. So I say, Hey! What can it hurt and you can get a BIG bottle of it at Costco for cheap! I'll let you know how it does.. I've lost 5 lbs, although my doctor says it's more like 65, and although I have some saggy skin, I suspect that it could be worse without the Omegas that I try to remember to take, although I'm not 100 %, plus I have taken to rubbing coconut oil into my problem areas.. Another thing that cannot hurt.

Wow! What great info! BIG THANK YOU!
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • theresaarico
    Options
    ALL of you are so awesome! You have accomplished a monumental achievement in your weigh loss. I am inspired by each of your honest remarks and feelings! I hope that those of you desiring the physical reward [a flat tummy] for your extraordinary accomplishment will feel self compassion AND ultimately achieve that lessened skin presence for which you desire!
    Thanks for your inspiring effort and honesty!
  • fhhodge2k
    Options
    I also read somewhere that if it jiggles then it's fat. That would just require some toning. This is only my first day and I am totally inspired by all that you have accomplished so far. To me, you look amazing. Continue to keep up the good things you are doing.
  • lolaviex
    Options
    Marking my place to save the info on this board. I have only begun my journey but I'll be in the same boat for sure!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There's hope! Mine's almost gone - no surgery and just home workouts.

I'm down 61lb from 198lb (at 5'4) and my sagging skin was fairly noticeable on the bottom of my tummy. I have done lots of heavy lifting until earlier this year when uni and a lack of money meant I had to stop it for awhile. BUT I picked up 30DS at the end of October and by the end of that my sagging skin had improved dramatically. I've started RI30 and only 3 days in I'm seeing improvements. I never ever thought I'd get into a bikini but that's not looking like it's too far away!

I'm convinced it's just a case of being patient and working out, the saggier you are the longer it will take of course, but keep going. You'll also find that as you get smaller even a slight change in body composition makes a huge difference.

ETA: I've also had a baby and a tonne of stretch marks and if my skin can start to look normal after that there's hope for anyone!
  • janiegross
    janiegross Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Going to read the articles later. thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!