Need more vegetables...

Options
2»

Replies

• Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Any vegetable with a little olive oil, 2-4 cloves of chopped garlic, s&p, roasted at 400 degrees until its done. Some of our favorites are broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussel sprouts. (I usually omitt the garlic for the last 2) I roast cubed sweet potatoes the same way.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    So many great ideas! Makes me want to get roasting!

Also want to add kale sauteed in a little olive oil and then tossed with hoisin sauce. Not a terribly "clean" way to eat - but yummy kale is better than no kale...
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Try vegetable juicing. When you mix up some lemon, or some apple, maybe a little ginger, with kale, spinach, broccoli, bok choy, celery, cucumber, carrot, parsley, romaine, or almost any fruit or veg, they can taste delicious. The best part is how you feel afterwards, though. All those water soluble nutrients entering your body at once gives you what they call a "juice high" and you just feel amazing!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love roasted cauliflower. Separate it into flowerets, toss in a little olive oil (1 TBSP for a whole head) and sprinkle with salt and curry powder. Roast in the over at 350 for half an hour or so, depending on how soft you like it. Longer at a slightly higher heat will give you very nice soft cauliflower with a little crispiness on the outside.

I cook a lot of Indian style vegetables. Just pick the vegetable of your choice a plug it into google along with Madhur Jaffrey. Her recipes are the best.
  • today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    get the blender out, egg whites, spinach, garlic, dill, olives and mushrooms. blend cook, tastes like a pesto omelette
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped corn on the smoker. Sprinkle on a little black pepper and you have a meal. Lots of veggies are good on the smoker and smoke doesn't add any calories, but it gives food a deeper rustic flavor.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    ROASTTTTTTTTT!!! Everything is amazing roasted! My favorites are : Asparagus, Brocolini and roasted carrots!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I sauté my veggies in coconut oil. Pretty tasty I usually eat it with some shrimp or strips of beef that I also sauté