Dance Dance Revolution

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
Anyone else do DDR for their exercise? I do the workout mode for about an hour and burn about 400 calories (which is what the tv says) personally, I think it's more. Considering how out of breath I am by the end! It's very addictive. Then I turn my radio on, grab my hand weights and dance and workout my arms for 20 minutes along with getting on the floor and doing abs. Really fun!

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Anyone else do DDR for their exercise? I do the workout mode for about an hour and burn about 400 calories (which is what the tv says) personally, I think it's more. Considering how out of breath I am by the end! It's very addictive. Then I turn my radio on, grab my hand weights and dance and workout my arms for 20 minutes along with getting on the floor and doing abs. Really fun!
  • CMJ1979
    CMJ1979 Posts: 42
    Options
    I've played DDR with my friend, and I could barely do it, what a work out and that isn't in in workout mode. I'd love to get it for myself for those bad weather days or when I just don't feel up to going to the gym.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We have it but I am so horrible at it I bet I don't burn any calories! It is fun to watch my son and fiancee!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I use to before. I can't now because the house will shake off the foundation. I will set it up once we get a TV for our downstairs. I loved it and I was pretty good at it!!!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    My daughter and I use it. I personally put it in work out mode and go through all the stages. I just wish I was more literate when it comes to the programming because I can't do most of the songs in light or standard and wish I knew how to modify them. Even if I can't keep up with the steps, I keep moving because it registers every step I take, right or wrong.

Together we do it in regular mode and go through every song once. That's when I wish I had a HR monitor because I know I'm using some calories. She can do every song in light, most in standard, and I have to go back and forth. I love it and we're thinking about getting a newer version for her birthday as we've had this one since it came out.

We are getting a Wii in April or May, when we get back from Spring Break.
  • pfisher
    pfisher Posts: 28
    Options
    DDR is great. i love playing with the kids. Of course they are much faster, but it is a great workout. We also have the WII and that is fun too. Anything to get moving and not being in the gym is a plus for me.
    Have a wonderful day
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I use to before. I can't now because the house will shake off the foundation. I will set it up once we get a TV for our downstairs. I loved it and I was pretty good at it!!!

I know how that feels. I don't want to jump through the floor and land on someones lap. :laugh:
  • Erica92627
    Options

YES! another member that actually plays this. .And I thought I was the only one!
  • ms_michelle2006
    Options
    Can you buy that for the ps 3? that sounds like a fun idea...thanks
  • Erica92627
    Options
    we'lll get this.....

playstation 3 plays ALL versions of playstation...

so..... in reality it would be cheaper to buy it for PS1 or 2 ... I have PS2 and play versions 1 and 2 games..

Look on the back of the Game for choice of songs. There is also one game where you can set it to play any cd of your choice and it will create a routine for you.

Hope this helps.
  • leahmbass
    leahmbass Posts: 15
    Options
    I have a Wii and would love to get it. I had no idea it had a workout mode though! Thats awesome!
  • Erica92627
    Options
    The work out mode is the greatest!
    Just input your weight and goal and it counts calories while you are working out to all kinds of music mixes.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    During my freshman year, my roommate and I would do it for a couple of hours a week. It actually was a really good workout.
    She was much better than I was and was in much better shape than I, but we had a lot of fun.
    I felt sorry for the people living under us in the dorm though....
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound corny..but I love to do all the richard simmons dance programs. I love the old songs and the dances are fairly easy. I do these on days when the weather is crappy.
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I admit to being a closet DDRer too. I am not very good - my 14, 11 and 8 year olds can blow me out of the water but I can do better than my 4 year olds, LOL! I can usually pass most songs on Light and I get a decent work out on days when it is too cold and rainy for me to jog.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Its out on the wii in the uk this week still cant decide whether to buy it yet I will decide on the day I think I am sure it is either 20th or 21st I will wait and see I think my kids would love the wii version you need to use your arms as well via knunchuk and remote however it is not wireless for the mat it plugs into to gamecube control plugs on the side of the wii.

Any one got this for the wii yet is it any good its called the Hottest party I think.
  • Briana_XD
    Options
    I just became really addicted to DDR.
    I got one of those foam dance pads.
    Slightly more expensive, but definitely worth it. :smile:
    I have Supernova, but I don't really like the songs on it.
    Which ones do you guys like?
  • Erica92627
    Options

i'm on that same boat too!! we don't have a lower floor so Unless i want to end up below I think the dancing can wait a bit. Wii fit will take its place for now.
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56
    Options
    I really love that game. I used to play it every day for the longest time but when I got pregnant I had to stop and I have just never started back. I need to get started doing it again though cause I really did lose weight and I had a blast doing it. It is so much better than running on a treadmill or something like that!