Where are the MOTHERS who lost weight?

Options
Any mothers on here with success on losing weight / reaching their goal weight? I am a mother myself and will be expecting my baby boy this month! After 6 weeks post partum, I plan on getting back to a healthier lifestyle and working out again. Just need the motivation and would love to make new friends on here in the same position as me or was in! Thanks! :)

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    well I'm a mom who has lost weight.

My youngest baby is 15 years old now so...

I may not be the best example :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Mom here! With 3 kiddos...
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    Mother of 1!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Do muthas count?
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl. I have 4 children and I weigh 131 right now. I just had my youngest 5 months ago and I had a c section. I am a few pounds to what I used to weigh in high school. If I can do it you can do it. I lost 16 pounds so far. You can add me.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My kids are now 12 and 9, but I started my journey when my 9 year old was 3. I lost 50 pounds and kept it off for five years. Lost close to another 10 this year (and gained some muscles) after joining MFP. So six years in! My best advice ... find time to exercise when your baby/child is sleeping or napping. I had to (and still do) get up at 5am most days, but it is a habit that stuck. Best wishes for a smooth delivery and enjoy your baby!!!! You can't get that time back.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4...youngest is 2. I lost 30 odd pounds in the year after my son was born. Advice: don't wait until 6 weeks post partum to start a healthy lifestyle - start today! Don't let pregnancy be an excuse to eat crap and be a total sloth. Just saying! Good luck to you!
  • leahandbella
    leahandbella Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Medifast has a plan for nursing mothers that I wish I had known about. 2 1/2 years after my son was born, I've lost all the weight I gained with pregnancy and all the weight I gained after I stopped b'feeding. I'm down 50 pounds - and although the first few days were hard, it's been an "easy" diet! Good luck to you!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I've had four children (the youngest is 6 now) and with each pregnancy I gained about 30 lbs. I did have huge babies (two of them weighed 9 lbs 8 ounces) but there was still a lot of extra fat. I went from 125 lbs (which was too skinny for my 5 ft 7in height) to 192 at my heaviest weight. In February I started working out and using Herbalife products.
    Now I weigh 163 lbs, I've dropped several clothing sizes and feel much better overall. I still have a ways to go, but the scale is steadily dropping, so I'm very happy with my progress.
  • mrskeg
    mrskeg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have 3 (ages 1, 3, and 5). I gained about 45lbs with each (they were all 9+lbs). With a little effort, the weight really will come off. But it does take a LITTLE effort. ;)
    I'm probably slightly smaller now than I was before my first even. I've never been overweight, but I believe what helped me the most was getting back down to pre-pregnancy weight between each child...
    And, just remember, it took 9 months to gain the weight, it will take a little time to lose it too...
    Good Luck!
  • jeweljeans
    jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mrskeg, your flexibility is unreal! I'm hurting just looking at your profile pic!
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    mommy here- mother of 2 girls (ages 3 and 10)
  • meyerstwilight6
    meyerstwilight6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of a 10 month old son. I have lost 60 pounds total, 44 since I started using MFP. I gained 70 lbs with him! :(
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    my daughter is 16 months and i have lost 76lbs toward my ultimate goal of 100... feel free to add me as i've got a lot of experience doing a TON of different things to get me here.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    Congrats on the babyboy!
    I lost all my weight right after having my daughter in 2008. Gained it all back within months.
    I got really serious about losing it when she was about 1.5 years.
    I lost 40 lbs after that. loved it!
    I gained it back due to medical conditons/medications. So I'm back on it again.
    It is possible....but make sure you give yourself time to heal and rest!
    Motherhood is no easy task!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My baby is almost 6 months old! I've been trying to lose the weight since she was about 3 weeks old, but only starting using MFP less than a month ago. SO glad I did! In the 5ish months I went it alone, I lost 2 whole stinkin' pounds. This month I've lost 9!!

It can be done! Mind you, I have a long way to go -- still need to lose 18 lbs to get to pre-preggo weight, and then another 15-25 to get to my goal weight. That said, at this rate I **might** get there before my mat leave is up in June!

I cannot tell you how much I wish I found MFP either before I became pregnant, or immediately after delivery. I'd be so much further now. That said, I know that I'll be thankful I started when I did a few years down the road. It works to be more mindful of your eating and exercising, and the encouragement is awesome!!
  • gollyd
    gollyd Posts: 15
    Options
    Mother of 3 girls here.....(3, 9, 12)....lots of weight ot lose.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I also am expecting a boy this month. :smile: This will be baby #7 for me, and I reached my goal after the last baby, so I'm planning on doing it once again! Feel free to add me!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Mum of 3 (ages 2, 4 and 6), and I'm a full time shift worker. Before my 1st I weighed 97kg, before my 2nd I was about 105kg but then I started losing. Then at 97kg got preg with number 3. 5 weeks after my c sect I started c25k and I'd do it in the evening pushing the pram, after the other 2 had gone to bed. That was 2 years ago. Now I'm still 78kgs, where I've been stuck for about a year, but I've ran 2 marathons and a bunch of halves. So a game of soccer on the field is not a problem!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!