Need help with major late night food cravings/portions

Options
I can't help it , but I always end up snacking on food at night without even being hungry sometimes. I'll just grab some food, and before I know it, I've ate the equivalent of a full meal...as a snack!

Anyone have any ways to kick nighttime snacking and portion control?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I can't help it , but I always end up snacking on food at night without even being hungry sometimes. I'll just grab some food, and before I know it, I've ate the equivalent of a full meal...as a snack!

Anyone have any ways to kick nighttime snacking and portion control?

Either bank some cals to have room for late night snacks or acquire some will power
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth, entertain yourself and drink green tea :) when you get the urge, do some pushups or something aha
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    As a fellow late night snacker...you have to learn to resist or save calories. It's your choice. For me I learned to make sure I ate enough protein and veggies at dinner along with a large glass of water so I was satisfied. After dinner I don't go back into the kitchen for ANYTHING because I will find something to eat even if I'm not hungry. Every time I think about going to the kitchen, I go to the bathroom and fill up my glass with water. If that doesn't work then I do some sort of exercise (planking, situps, etc). Hopefully one day I can enter the kitchen after dinner time without consequence but for now...that's how I roll.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Try logging everything you think you will eat for your snack before you actually eat it to see what the calories actually are, this helps me second think my decision to snack and will often result in me not snacking at all because I don't want to go over my calories.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I suffer of late night cravings too.
    Usually if I'm done with my calories for the day I just go to sleep earlier.