Just starting

Hi Everyone, I am new to this site and have to say reading the success stories and seeing pictures of the weight loss is really going to motivate me. I just need some tips on how not to stress eat. That seems to be my biggest problem.

Replies

• My advice would be to have a plan! If you don't have an alternative to eating already in mind before you find yourself wanting to stress-eat, then it will be really hard to not eat. Exercise makes a great alternative & has long-term stress reducing effects. If you can't exercise, chewing gum is a low-calorie alternative to actual eating.

Oh, and welcome to the site! :D
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Will power and control has to come within. I plan my meals for the whole day. I add them to MPF. If I happen to not eat something, I just take it off, if I eat something that wasn't planned, I add it as well. I know some people won't add their bad days, but I do. Seeing my bad days on "paper" really gets to me and I tend to do better.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    I'm trying to tell new people to check out "East More 2 Weight Less" so they don't have to waste time starving themselves and gain it all back.

Check it out :) Good luck.
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    I am a big stress eater, had reached a healthy weight for me and maintained for 3 years until the year my mom died.
    I found this site the day after Thanksgiving, and have logged all my food each day, and such a small thing has really made me mindful about food as nutrition. Feel free to add me as a friend for support in your journey.
    Best wishes,
    Joan
  • Thank you :) I think with the help of everyone I will actually do this.