Is 115 Ibs too low to go?

Options
2»

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Pick a weight range rather than a goal. Then as you get closer to that range shift your focus more towards body fat % - it will give you a more accurate # to gauge overall health and fitness by.

But yeah 115 lbs is way too low.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'9" and weighs 115 (she's sick and doesn't have much muscle). I'm 5'6" and weigh 120. We actually wear the same size (0). Try a goal size rather than a goal weight--you might not like how you have to get there if you don't.
  • ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options
    I actually think it depends on your frame size. Much lower than that might be cause for concern, but if you have a small frame (and some people genuinely do) it can be ok. Obviously it goes without saying that if you have to starve yourself to get there it's a bad idea.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Your first thread is asking whether 137lbs is obese for someone at 5'8". Now you are posting if 115 is too low for that height. I think there are some major underlying issues you need to address. Please talk to your doctor, and voice your concerns to him/her for proper guidance.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you have OCD and severe anxiety. You need to seek help about this. If you really think you are overweight or "obese" as you put it at your weight, you need to seek the attention of a doctor. Seriously. Get help.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'd be pretty slim at 115 (I'm 120 now) so at 5'8" I would say that would be stick figure-esque
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/ideal_bw_women.htm <
    check it out for yourself :)

According to this you should be:

Small Frame: 126 - 139
    Medium Frame: 136- 150
    Large Frame: 146- 167

115 lbs for your height is REALLY low.

I'm no doctor, just my own personal opinion :)

^ This
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    Yes it is too low. You are already at a healthy weight and judging by your profile and previous posts your problem is not your weight. You have a very negative view of yourself and it is definately distorted. Until you fix the mental aspect of your "weight issues" no matter how thin you get you won't be happy.

Ps. I have suffered from bdd and depression since high school, so I mean no disrespect. Just concern for your well being physically and mentally.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Way too low.

A good average is 5lbs for every inch over 5'. So that would put you at 140 and be healthy. Smaller frame you could be 125 and stil look and be healthy. But 115 for your height is hospitilaztion low!