If you are here for the RIGHT reasons.....

Options
Then Add me.

I love supporting and encouraging others. I love getting advice and encouragement as well.

I use this site to track my food, log my workouts and see progress....having friends that understand and can be supportive are key to weightloss. I also like to learn new things and here what has worked for others.

But if you are on here to start drama, or "collect" people and have no interest in ever interacting, or you are on here to request things you shouldn't (ie. sexual pictures or favors --- then 1. seek help or 2. go to a dating website that offers those options) or are just seeking attention then it's best you stick to your " type " of people. I am not on here to hook-up or talk dirty or get into arguements with people who behave badly to make their lives seem more interesting.

I think MFP has great potential and many great people....and THOSE are the one's I want on "my team" as I continue to track, lose weight and become stronger and more healthy....and hopefully reach my goals. I am here to help and cheer you along the way as well!

Replies

• plaingirly
    Options
    This site is so motivating!

You are right - your friends should be a team that motivates you and boosts you up when you are struggling and celebrates your victories with you. Just as you do for them!

I have had a couple of .... odd and unsavoury messages on here but I ignore them. I am an old fashioned girl!

I try to keep up with everyone on my friends list. If they haven't logged in for a while they get a message, if they lose weight or have a fab diary day I say well done, and if they ask for support I do my best to help them.

I am sure that it is the community feel of MFP that helps so many people! I know that I have never been this motivated to change my life and get healthy. I am excited about it and I want others to feel just as excited! :)
  • mrganrshort
    mrganrshort Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love what you wrote! I love this website and I just started using it again after not using it for many months. I am back and ready to do this!!!
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • J_Kohler_2
    J_Kohler_2 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Agree completely! I am here mostly for the communication and encouragement with like minded people, but the organization and tracking of everything is great too!! Feel free to add me if you'd like i can use all the encouragement i can get!
  • melanielb8273
    Options
    Very well said and completely agree. I am here (again) to stick with it and am looking for motivating friends to cheer me on and let me know if I need to change something. I sent you a friend request as well.
  • brandtsw
    Options
    Amen...you are exactly right...I am here to reach my goal and continue to keep that goal and other Christians help motivate me to do that....Scripture shows how we should deal with friends and all people.....
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    MFP hass been a wonderful support for me! And orjjust weightloss. My MFP friends are also a great suport when I was dealing with depression after my surgery.

And the diary and app is a great way to stay on track!

Feel,free to add me.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm fortunate in that I have yet to meet any of the unsavory characters on here! I really love the community aspect of MFP in that I can have my real life, in-person friends on here as well as all of you available out there online! It's kind of like a healthier version of Facebook (which I deactivated at the end of October when I was working on a drama-cleanse).