Everytime i click end of day, it says im not eating enough.

Options
I've been on mfp for about 5 days now and even though i'm not, not eating it says if i carry on eating the way i do my body will go into starvation mode.
I'm not really cutting food out of my diet apart from chocolate, and i don't want to force myself to eat more because MFP says im not eating enough, because i am honestly full from what i eat.
can anyone suggest anything?

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You can eat things like more nuts or avocado, or olive oils.
  • lovemyboys27
    Options
    I think it only says that if you're under 1200 calories.. Which is "starvation" mode according to your body.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Switch higher caloric food for other things that you eat. Add nut butters, nuts, seeds, use 2% milk instead of 1% or skim, have a glass of juice instead of water. It is easy to increase the number of calories you consume without increasing the amount of food you eat just make choices that are more calorie dense. good luck
  • CristalBelle
    Options
    It is true that if you don't eat 1200 a day your body will go into starvation mode. An easy way to get extra calories and nutrition is by drinking a glass of oj or V8. That won't make you overly full, but will add some calories and nutrition to your day. How far off are you coming each day? If it's by a lot, a slice of ww bread with reduced fat peanut butter might help as well.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    thank you :)
    i just found it weird that i had to eat more to lose weight,
    i've been eating alot of soup because of the coldness here
    so i might put cheese on top or something and have a small amount of nuts occasionally.
    Thanks again :)
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you averaging?

Would you mind sharing your height/weight and goal weight loss?
  • hdelamore
    Options
    5'8 im 11 stone which is 154 pounds, i want to be 10 stone by july if possible, so losing 14 pounds,

:)
    i'm trying to lose about a pound a week at the moment, and then once i'm at 14 pounds less just maintain my weight.
    At the moment i'm eating about 1000 calories a day, normally, i think it's because i eat alot of soup and salads and don't have a big appetite, i'm only dieting because chocolate and sweets let me down. :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    5'8 im 11 stone which is 154 pounds, i want to be 10 stone by july if possible, so losing 14 pounds,

:)
    i'm trying to lose about a pound a week at the moment, and then once i'm at 14 pounds less just maintain my weight.
    At the moment i'm eating about 1000 calories a day, normally, i think it's because i eat alot of soup and salads and don't have a big appetite, i'm only dieting because chocolate and sweets let me down. :)

Are soups and salads a normal diet for you? Are chocolate and sweets the only things you've really cut out of your diet?
  • hdelamore
    Options
    I practically always have soup for lunch, which is what i'm still doing
    and i'm having things like meatballs, chicken and things like that for dinner most days, but making sure they're healthier portions.

yeah i was a cerial chocoholic,
    like 600+ calories a day would be chocolate
  • hdelamore
    Options
    i suppose i'll just beef up my portions a bit,
    ^^ oh and when i said salads, i meant side salads, i have like jacket potato with a side salad, the side salad just to fill me up a bit more :)
  • junipuni
    Options
    i suppose i'll just beef up my portions a bit,
    ^^ oh and when i said salads, i meant side salads, i have like jacket potato with a side salad, the side salad just to fill me up a bit more :)
    I would throw in some avocados and cheese in the salad to add some calories.
  • junipuni
    Options
    Also - the soups you are doing - are they canned soups? Maybe you could try making big batches of homemade soups and freeze them and have those. I wonder how much sodium you are getting in a day - maybe you could try to cut back on that? I don't know, just kind of guessing. :)

But I would definitely try to stay at 1200 calories minimum each day. :)