In need of motivation

Options
Hi, I've been on MFP since October 2011 and have been on my "current" weight loss journey since then. I am totally stuck now...I've lost my motivation and have been plateaued for a few months. In October of this year I finally got under 200 lbs, but went to Vegas and since then have put on 3 lbs. I haven't been exercising or eating well, so I know what I'm doing wrong...I just can't seem to focus anymore and feel I've lost my way. I need to get back on track, I'm going on a cruise in January and I'm starting to get that uncomfortable in my own skin feeling back, YUCK. If anyone would like to share some words of wisdom, please feel free...I could use ANY help right now. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you.

Replies

• Nechelle6
    Nechelle6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I completely understand where you are, and I have been there along with many others on MFP. You mentioned that you know what you are currently doing wrong, so you just need to forget the fact that you have "messed up" and just start fresh. I know it can be overwhelming, but that usually happens because of focusing on the failure as opposed to the goal and progress that you would like to make. Your motivation everyday should be that you are blessed with another day to make progress towards reaching your goals. When you start up again, just change you mindset from thinking that working out or eating right are a "task", but look at it as way of life or a lifestyle change. The fitness and health becomes an integral part of your being, working out and eating right will never seem like a task!

I believe you can do it Girl! Just shake off the negative feelings of the past and push forward. Some progress is always better than no progress, and it takes time for your body to loose weight. Another way to look at things going forward, is to not look so much at the number on the scale. Trust me, I KNOW how that feels when you see the numbers going up. It can turn into an instant meltdown :noway: So with that being said, focus on how your clothes are fitting you and the inches that you want to loose. One of the things that I do is I have a "Dolly Dress Up Day". I go to the mall and try on new dresses every 6 weeks to see how I have progressed, and I must say it gives me motivation and clarity as to what is happening with my body.

I hope your return to weight loss journey goes well, and just remember to smile and be happy cause life can always be worse :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me as friend if you need further support!
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I completely understand where you are, and I have been there along with many others on MFP. You mentioned that you know what you are currently doing wrong, so you just need to forget the fact that you have "messed up" and just start fresh. I know it can be overwhelming, but that usually happens because of focusing on the failure as opposed to the goal and progress that you would like to make. Your motivation everyday should be that you are blessed with another day to make progress towards reaching your goals. When you start up again, just change you mindset from thinking that working out or eating right are a "task", but look at it as way of life or a lifestyle change. The fitness and health becomes an integral part of your being, working out and eating right will never seem like a task!

I believe you can do it Girl! Just shake off the negative feelings of the past and push forward. Some progress is always better than no progress, and it takes time for your body to loose weight. Another way to look at things going forward, is to not look so much at the number on the scale. Trust me, I KNOW how that feels when you see the numbers going up. It can turn into an instant meltdown :noway: So with that being said, focus on how your clothes are fitting you and the inches that you want to loose. One of the things that I do is I have a "Dolly Dress Up Day". I go to the mall and try on new dresses every 6 weeks to see how I have progressed, and I must say it gives me motivation and clarity as to what is happening with my body.

I hope your return to weight loss journey goes well, and just remember to smile and be happy cause life can always be worse :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me as friend if you need further support!

I couldn't have said it better myself. I am also currently struggling with finding motivation to get back on track. I think one of the important things I am learning is to not focus on the number on the scale, its a stupid number that changes based on the day, time of the month and I swear weather conditions :laugh: Go with how you feel, as long as you have more energy and feel happy I think those are the keys. The weight loss will come with that. (Now if I could get my brain to process and believe that we'd be getting somewhere).

Feel free to add me as a friend, we can keep each other in line :smile: Good luck to you