Won't lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• mercymarque
    Options
    You have nothing in ur diary. Keep track of ur food, anything you put in your mouth is very helfpul. Start tracking your food and stay as close to your calories without going too much over and try not to go below and drink plenty of water. Do not waste ur calories on other beverages if you can. Start there. Also try switching up your routine, add some jogging, or some other form of cardio and add strengh training. Good luck on ur weight loss journey.
  • Doulos24x7
    Doulos24x7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Original Poster here. I'm not getting emails with responses to forum threads. Didn't realize there were any responses here until I looked. Thank you for the input, seriously. I will read through every word as I have time this weekend.

I have not been tracking food in my diary, only workouts (it's easy, I use Endomondo to track my workouts and it automagically posts them to MyFitnessPal). I will start tomorrow morning keeping meticulous track of intake. I know Endomondo estimates a little on the high side for calories burned, so I reduced my daily calorie allowance (through goals).

Someone mentioned about working out at least 30 minutes a day three times a week. I ride a bicycle everywhere I go. That means a minimum of a 30 minute workout/easy ride to work in the morning and then a good hard 30 minute to 2 hour ride home depending on schedule, weather, etc. I even get out and train on the weekends too. At a minimum I am doing a full hour a day Monday through Friday plus 2 or more hours on weekends from time to time.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, you are not logging your intake so, the logical conclusion is that your intake is likely higher than your burn. Just because you get some exercise doesn't mean you are automatically in calorie deficit. You can't out exercise a poor diet.
    Yep. Why is your diary blank?
  • kairisika
    kairisika Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the more you do a cardio exercise, especially an endurance-based one like cycle commuting, the more efficient your body gets at it. ie. you burn fewer calories.
    In addition to the important diet care, you should really be doing something different, and preferably more intense. Lifting weights is ideal, but any kind of sprints would help too. You may need to get your body to do something different that it doesn't already have so well refined.
  • juliabrancato
    Options
    You're probably still consuming more than you're burning and thats why your weight isn't moving. Lower your calorie intake and up your workout intensity.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, you are not logging your intake so, the logical conclusion is that your intake is likely higher than your burn. Just because you get some exercise doesn't mean you are automatically in calorie deficit. You can't out exercise a poor diet.
    Agreed. The math is off.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I have found Endomondo very high on the burns for biking. Bean, I think you explained why to me once before but I can't remember. I use a HRM for biking but Endomondo during the ride for milage data. The burns Endomondo shows are 2x my HRM. Just something to be aware of. Glad you will be logging intake. Between that and accurate burns, you can start to make progress.
  • Doulos24x7
    Doulos24x7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Starting from scratch this morning. Huzzah!